Pay with Credit Card:
Pay with Check, PO, or Money Order:
Course Name: Maintaining Water Quality in the Distribution System
Course Code: EO0201WA24
Date: April 2, 3, 9, and 10, 2024
Time: 8:30 AM – 12:00 PM EDT
Format: Live, instructor-led
Registration Fee: $350.00 per person
Multi Person Discount Fee: $325.00 per person (Save when you sign up with a colleague!)
NJLWO Discount Fee: $175.00 per person (available for T, W, and VSWS license holders only)
Registration Closes: March 29, 2024 at 3:00 pm
Paying with a check, money order, or purchase order?
Payments should be made out to: Rutgers, The State University of New Jersey
Checks and money orders should be mailed to: Office of Continuing Professional Education, Attn: Registration Dept., 102 Ryders Ln, New Brunswick, NJ 08901-8519
Purchase Orders can be mailed to the address above or electronically sent to email@example.com.
This popular two-day class has been brought online and divided into four convenient morning-only (8:30 am-12:00 pm) sessions. As always, the course will provide the information you need to meet the challenges of operating a drinking water distribution system in order to maintain flows, pressure, and – above all – high water quality.
Experts in the field will present information on the types of water quality problems associated with distribution system and how to prevent or mitigate them. Regulatory requirements and their impact on distribution system operations will also be discussed. A group of interesting and timely class exercises on Days 3 and 4 will bring together the concepts and techniques presented, while allowing for networking and idea sharing.
- Factors Affecting Distribution System Water Quality
- Regulatory Compliance
- Planning and Design Issues
- Monitoring, Operation, and Maintenance Programs
- Security Issues and Corrosion Control
Who Should Attend?
This class is a great source of information for anyone who wants to learn how to successfully meet the challenges of operating a drinking water distribution system. Past participants have included:
- Certified Public Works Managers
- Compliance Managers
- Environmental Specialists
- Laboratory Technicians
- O & M Technicians
- Operations Supervisors
- Professional Engineers
- Project Engineers
- Reservoir System Operators
- Water Quality Superintendents and Technicians
- Water Treatment Operators
- Water Utility Workers
Meet Your Instructor
Bio coming soon!
“I will keep this information in mind as I comply with state and federal regulations… This will also help [me] to respond to customer complaints.”
– Past Participant
Most useful part of the course: “Hearing real-life examples/applications shared by experienced instructors.”
– Past Participant
“[I learned about] The various checks that go into maintaining storage tanks; will increase my knowledge during water system inspections.”
– Past Participant
Continuing Education Credits
The Maintaining Water Quality in the Distribution System course is approved for 1.2 Rutgers CEUs as well as the following credits from professional organizations.
NJ Certified Public Works Managers (CPWM): 4 Technical, 4 Management, 4 Government Contact Hours
NJ Drinking Water Operators ONLY: 12 TCHs (Approval #01-090007-10)
NJ Health Officers and Registered Environmental Health Specialists (HO/REHS): Rutgers University, NJAES, Office of Continuing Professional Education has been approved by the New Jersey Department of Health as a provider of NJ Public Health Continuing Education Contact Hours (CEs). Credits are pending.
NJ Professional Engineers: 12 Continuing Professional Competency (CPC) Credits
NY Professional Engineers: 9 PDHs (NOTE: This class may not be used to fulfill the land surveyors continuing education requirement in NYS.)
PA Drinking Water Operators ONLY: 12 Recertification Hours
Course Requirements and Policies
This online course will be delivered via Rutgers Canvas learning management system and Zoom.
Equipment you will need to access this training:
- Laptop or desktop computers are required for this class.
- Microphone is always suggested but not necessary.
- Speakers are not necessary as a call-in option is available.
Once you register with OCPE, you will receive an email from “Rutgers University Canvas” saying, “Click here to finish the registration process,” to create your new account in the Canvas Virtual Platform. If you do not see this message in your inbox, please check your junk/spam folder. The course shell will not open until a week before the start date of class. You will receive an email from Claudine Oleskin with directions and more details for the class.
A unique email address is required for each registrant to register and access our courses.
- If this is your first time registering with us, please provide your own unique email address when registering; do not provide an email address that you share with co-workers.
- If you have previously taken classes with us and have used an email address that you share with your co-workers or supervisor, your account must be updated with a unique email address. To do this, please send an email to us at firstname.lastname@example.org stating that your email address needs to be changed and include:
- Your full name
- The shared email address that needs to be changed
- Your unique email address
- A phone number where you can be reached if we have any questions
Photo ID Requirement
Each registrant will be asked provide a photo of him/herself holding their government-issued photo ID. This is required by credit boards so that you may receive credits for participating in this online course.
- You will receive a reminder email prior to the start of the class with further instructions. Wait to receive these instructions before you attempt to upload your ID.
- The photo must be clear enough that we can read your name and verify that the person pictured on the ID is in fact the person holding it.
- After an OCPE staff member reviews the picture and verifies your identity, you will have access to participate in the course when it begins.
Cancellations and Substitutions
A $100 cancellation fee applies for this course. Substitutions are permitted. View our cancellation policy.
Attention U.S. Veterans
This course is approved by the New Jersey State Approving Agency for Veterans Training for educational benefits through the GI Bill®. Learn more.
GI Bill® is a registered trademark of the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs (VA). More information about education benefits offered by VA is available at the official U.S. government website at http://www.benefits.va.gov/gibill.
Program Questions? We’re Here to Help!
If you have any questions about Maintaining Water Quality in the Distribution System, please don’t hesitate to reach out to us.
For registration assistance, please contact our Registration Department at 848-932-9271, option 2 or email email@example.com.