Course Status Notice – Not Scheduled
Pay with Credit Card:
Pay with Check, PO, or Money Order:
Course Name: Safe Drinking Water Act Regulatory Update
Course Code: EO0220WA23
Dates of Most Recent Offering: May 4, 18, and 25, 2023
Dates: May 4, 18, and 25, 2023*
Time: 8:30 am – 12:00 pm EDT
*Choose which session(s) you would like to attend when you register – all three, just one, or any combination in between!
Format: Live, instructor-led
Registration Fee: Your registration fee amount will depend on the number of sessions you plan to attend and whether you qualify for an NJLWO or multi-person discount. Click to expand the fee details below.
Standard Registration Fees
Please specify which session(s) you will be attending when you register.
Standard Registration Fee for 1 Session: $70 per person
Standard Registration Fee for 2 Sessions: $160 per person
Standard Registration Fee for 3 Sessions: $230 per person
NJLWO Discount Registration Fees (T, W, VSWS License Holders)
50% discount available to T/W/VSWS License Holders only! Please specify which session(s) you will be attending when you register.
NJLWO Registration Fee for 1 Session: $35 per person
NJLWO Registration Fee for 2 Sessions: $80 per person
NJLWO Registration Fee for 3 Sessions: $115 per person
Multi-Person Discount Registration Fees
Save when you and a colleague register at the same time! Please specify which session(s) you will be attending when you register.
Multi-Person Registration Fee for 1 Session: $55 per person
Multi-Person Registration Fee for 2 Sessions: $125 per person
Multi-Person Registration Fee for 3 Sessions: $195 per person
Registration Closes: May 1, 2023 at 3:00 pm EDT
Paying with a check, money order, or purchase order?
Payments should be made out to: Rutgers, The State University of New Jersey
Checks and money orders should be mailed to: Office of Continuing Professional Education, Attn: Registration Dept., 102 Ryders Ln, New Brunswick, NJ 08901-8519
Purchase Orders can be mailed to the address above or electronically sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The 2023 Safe Drinking Water Act Regulatory Update course will be held online and compressed into three (3) half-day sessions, designed to give you regulatory and operational information on specific topics. Register for all three sessions, a single session of interest, or any combination in between. Each session will offer 3.33 Training Contact Hours (TCHs) for New Jersey T, W, and VSWS license holders. Credits are also available for New Jersey Professional Engineers, Health Officers/REHS, and Certified Public Works Managers.
New to online learning? No worries! We are here to help every step of the way, with test/dry run sessions before the class date so you can be sure your “tech” works and you are able to connect. Please note that a unique email address is required for each registrant in order to access the course.
Schedule and Topics
More details coming soon!
Session One, May 4 – SDWA Programmatic Updates
Session Two, May 18 – All About Lead
Session Three, May 25 – Timely Topics/Issues in Drinking Water Operations
Who Should Attend?
This course offers drinking water operators an opportunity to get the latest regulatory and operational information on a variety of topics while earning TCHs. Past participants have included:
- Environmental Compliance Managers
- Environmental Engineers
- Environmental Health Coordinators
- GIS Specialists
- Health Officers
- Laboratory Managers and Technicians
- Operations Supervisors
- Plant Managers and Operators
- Project Engineers
- Public Health Inspectors and Investigators
- Project Managers
- Registered Environmental Health Specialists
- Township Engineers
- Treatment Process Supervisors
- Utility Foremen
- Very Small Water System Operators
- Water and Sewer Repairmen
- Water Quality Specialists
- Water/Sewer Superintendents
- Water System Distribution Technician
Meet Your Instructor
More information coming soon!
“This program covers a variety of recent or future changes in drinking water regulations. These are vital topics needed to stay informed and, more importantly, compliant.”
– Past Participant
Most useful part of the course: “Interaction and communication with the regulatory agencies.”
– Past Participant
“Everything was useful. I always pick something up from these sessions.”
– Past Participant
Continuing Education Credits
The most recent offering of Safe Drinking Water Act Regulatory Update was approved for the following credits from professional organizations. We will reapply for similar credits the next time the course runs, but we cannot guarantee credit approval for future offerings.
NJ Certified Public Works Managers (CPWM): 5 Technical, 5 Government, and 1 Info. Tech. Contact Hours for attendance at all 3 sessions
NJ Drinking Water Operators (T/W/VSWS ONLY!): 3.33 TCHs per session (total of 10 TCHs for attendance at all 3 sessions)
- One Day – Approval #01-052301-10 = 3.33 TCHs
- Two Days – Approval #01-052302-10 = 6.66 TCHs
- ALL Three Days – Approval #01-052303 = 10 TCHs
NJ Health Officers and Registered Environmental Health Specialists (HO/REHS): Rutgers University, NJAES, Office of Continuing Professional Education has been approved by the New Jersey Department of Health as a provider of NJ Public Health Continuing Education Contact Hours (CEs). Participants who complete this course will be awarded 3.0 CEs per session (9 total CEs for attendance at all 3 sessions).
NJ Professional Engineers: 3.33 NJ PE credits for 1 day, 6.66 NJ PE credits for 2 days, and 10 NJ PE credits for all 3 days
Course Requirements and Policies
This online course will be delivered via Rutgers Canvas learning management system and Zoom.
Equipment you will need to access this training:
- A laptop or desktop computer is required for this class.
- Speakers and microphone are not necessary as a call-in option is available.
Once you register with OCPE, you will receive an email from “Rutgers University Canvas” saying, “Click here to finish the registration process,” to create your new account in the Canvas Virtual Platform. If you do not see this message in your inbox, please check your junk/spam folder.
A unique email address is required for each registrant to register and access our courses.
- If this is your first time registering with us, please provide your own unique email address when registering; do not provide an email address that you share with co-workers.
- If you have previously taken classes with us and have used an email address that you share with your co-workers or supervisor, your account must be updated with a unique email address. To do this, please send an email to us at email@example.com stating that your email address needs to be changed and include:
- Your full name
- The shared email address that needs to be changed
- Your unique email address
- A phone number where you can be reached if we have any questions
Photo ID Requirement
Each registrant will be asked provide a photo of him/herself holding their government-issued photo ID. This is required by credit boards so that you may receive credits for participating in this online course.
- You will receive a reminder email prior to the start of the class with further instructions. Wait to receive these instructions before you attempt to upload your ID.
- The photo must be clear enough that we can read your name and verify that the person pictured on the ID is in fact the person holding it.
- After an OCPE staff member reviews the picture and verifies your identity, you will have access to participate in the course when it begins.
Cancellations and Substitutions
A $75 cancellation fee applies for this course. Substitutions are permitted. View our cancellation policy.
Program Questions? We’re Here to Help!
If you have any questions about Safe Drinking Water Act Regulatory Update, please don’t hesitate to reach out to us.
For registration assistance, please contact our Registration Department at 848-932-9271, option 2 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.