Course Status: Not Currently Scheduled
We do not have an offering of this course scheduled at this time. Please join our email list to be notified when the next offering is scheduled!
Jump to: Overview | Instructor | Reviews | CE Credits | Contact Us | Related Courses | Join Email List
Pay with Credit Card:
Pay with Check, PO, or Money Order:
Course Name: Leak Detection and Water Loss Management
Course Code: EO0218CA20
Date: June 9, 2020
Time: 8:30 am – 12:00 pm (Check-in time: 8:00am)
Format: Live, instructor-led
Registration Fee: TBD
Multi Person Discount Fee: TBD (save when you sign up with a colleague!)
Registration Closes: TBD
Paying with a check, money order, or purchase order?
Payments should be made out to: Rutgers, The State University of New Jersey
Checks and money orders should be mailed to: Office of Continuing Professional Education, Attn: Registration Dept., 102 Ryders Ln, New Brunswick, NJ 08901-8519
Purchase Orders can be mailed to the address above or electronically sent to email@example.com.
An active leak management plan plays an important role in any asset management program – and implementation of the new Water Quality Accountability Act makes it essential! You need to know where ALL of your water is going, how to keep it going where it is supposed to – and you need to know and act NOW!
Let Russ Titus of New Jersey American Water, an expert in the field of water loss management, lead you through techniques, tips, and tools you can use to identify leaks, quantify leaks, and gather information to help effectively and efficiently fix the problem. Real world cost issues such as implementation of proactive programs and theft of service investigations will also be discussed.
Who Should Attend?
This class is a great source of information for anyone who wants to improve their ability to identify and fix leaks in order to prevent water loss. Past participants have included:
- DPW Superintendents
- Facilities Managers
- Industrial Monitoring Unit Supervisors
- Project Managers
- Pumping Station Operators
- Service Technicians
- Water Utility Workers
Meet Your Instructor
Russ Titus, New Jersey American Water
“Instructor has good knowledge and can pull in good examples.”
– Past Participant
“Entire topic/course content provided useful information to use at work.”
– Past Participant
“I’ll be able to apply the theft of service knowledge in my job as a supervisor.”
– Past Participant
Continuing Education Credits
The most recent offering of Leak Detection and Water Loss Management was approved for the following credits from professional organizations. We will reapply for similar credits the next time the course runs, but we cannot guarantee credit approval for future offerings.
NJ Drinking Water Operators ONLY: 3 TCHs (Approval #01-091601-10)
Course Requirements and Policies
This online course will be facilitated on the Canvas Virtual Platform. It is recommended that you access the course using a computer (desktop or laptop) with a high-speed internet connection. A built-in laptop microphone or external microphone can be used. You also have the option to call in to hear the live class. Webcams are optional. Kindly note that this training is best viewed using the Chrome web browser. Tablets can also be used. If you plan to access the course using a mobile device, you should download the Canvas app. Please review this link for information: https://community.canvaslms.com/docs/DOC-10567.
Once you register with OCPE, you will receive an email from “Rutgers University Canvas” saying, “Click here to finish the registration process,” to create your new account in the Canvas Virtual Platform. The course shell will not open until a week before the start date of class. You will receive an email from Claudine Oleskin with directions and more details for the class.
A unique email address is required for each registrant to register and access our courses.
- If this is your first time registering with us, please provide your own unique email address when registering; do not provide an email address that you share with co-workers.
- If you have previously taken classes with us and have used an email address that you share with your co-workers or supervisor, your account must be updated with a unique email address. To do this, please send an email to us at firstname.lastname@example.org stating that your email address needs to be changed and include:
- Your full name
- The shared email address that needs to be changed
- Your unique email address
- A phone number where you can be reached if we have any questions
Photo ID Requirement
Each registrant will be asked provide a photo of him/herself holding their government-issued photo ID. This is required by credit boards so that you may receive credits for participating in this online course.
- You will receive a reminder email prior to the start of the class with further instructions. Wait to receive these instructions before you attempt to upload your ID.
- The photo must be clear enough that we can read your name and verify that the person pictured on the ID is in fact the person holding it.
- After an OCPE staff member reviews the picture and verifies your identity, you will have access to participate in the course when it begins.
Cancellations and Substitutions
A $100 cancellation fee applies for this course. Substitutions are permitted. View our cancellation policy.
Program Questions? We’re Here to Help!
If you have any questions about Leak Detection and Water Loss Management, please don’t hesitate to reach out to us.
Assistant Director: Carol Broccoli
Administrative Assistant: Claudine Oleskin
For registration assistance, please contact our Registration Department at 848-932-9271, option 2 or email email@example.com.