Course Status Notice – Not Scheduled
Pay with Credit Card:
Pay with Check, PO, or Money Order:
Course Name: Using RADIUS to Submit Air Permits and Emission Statements
Course Code: EN0210WA23
Date of Most Recent Offering: September 21 & 22, 2022
Time: TBD am – TBD pm EDT (Log-in time: TBD am EDT)
Format: Live, instructor-led
Registration Fee: $TBD per person
Multi Person Discount Fee: $TBD per person (Save when you sign up with a colleague!)
Registration Closes: TBD
Paying with a check, money order, or purchase order?
Payments should be made out to: Rutgers, The State University of New Jersey
Checks and money orders should be mailed to: Office of Continuing Professional Education, Attn: Registration Dept., 102 Ryders Ln, New Brunswick, NJ 08901-8519
Purchase Orders can be mailed to the address above or electronically sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.
This online workshop provides practical instruction in the basic elements of RADIUS. You will gain experience with the NJDEP’s software and online resources. After you are done learning about permitting in RADIUS, the instructors will provide step-by-step procedures for completing an emission statement. Finally, you will learn how to submit all of the files and documents to the NJDEP Online.
At the end of this hands-on RADIUS training course, you will be able to:
- Prepare all sections of the air permit application, including facility profile, component inventories, emission unit operating scenarios, potential to emit, and compliance plans;
- Prepare various types of air permit applications including new, revised, amendments, modifications, and compliance plan changes;
- Use time-saving tips to streamline the application process;
- Effectively update and maintain your copy of RADIUS;
- Back up, transfer, and manipulate your RADIUS data;
- Perform operations using the advanced features and processes of RADIUS; and
- Submit RADIUS files and documents to NJDEP Online.
RADIUS (Remote AIMS Data Input User System) is an NJDEP computer application that allows users to electronically prepare and submit pre-construction and Title V operating permit applications, modifications, and amendments — as well as prepare yearly emission statements. As part of NJEMS (New Jersey Environmental Management System), RADIUS helps you select the proper air permit application forms and operating conditions for your specific operation. Then, you simply submit the completed application electronically to the NJDEP Online. It’s faster, more precise, and more efficient! Gain hands-on experience with the latest RADIUS software by taking this course.
Meet Your Instructors
Vladimir Korolev has over 25 years of experience in implementing Title V Operating Permits program in New Jersey, which includes interpreting regulations, developing compliance plans, and conducting draft operating permit reviews for pharmaceutical, chemical, petrochemical, and steel foundry industries. He has overseen review of over 500 air permit applications from major facilities and over 5,000 air permit applications from minor facilities. Vladimir has presented Air Permit Applications courses at Rutgers since 2012. Vladimir holds BS in Chemical Engineering (1984) and PhD in Chemical Engineering (1990) from Leningrad Technological Institute, USSR.
A Principal Environmental Engineer at the New Jersey Department of Environmental Protection, Mayra Reyes has 21 years of experience in the environmental area. She works in the Air Permitting Area evaluating and approving the air permits for minor sources. Mayra is in charge of the General Permits and works cooperatively with the public, Compliance and Enforcement, Bureau of Evaluation, IT department, and Small Business Program to create and implement the general permits and online registrations. She also works on different special projects to improve the Bureau of Stationary Sources and continue improving the air quality in New Jersey. She has a Bachelor of Science degree in Chemical Engineering from College of Engineering, University of Puerto Rico Mayaguez.
– Past Participant
– Past Participant
– Past Participant
Continuing Education Credits
The most recent offering of Using RADIUS to Submit Air Permits and Emission Statements was approved for the following credits from professional organizations. We will reapply for similar credits the next time the course runs, but we cannot guarantee credit approval for future offerings.
NJ Professional Engineers: 7 Continuing Professional Compentency (CPC) Credits
Course Requirements and Policies
This online course will be delivered via Zoom.
Equipment you will need to access this training:
- A computer, tablet, or smartphone
- Microphone is not necessary (all students will be muted on entry; you can use the “chat function” to type your questions and interact with the instructor)
- Webcam is optional but not necessary
- Speaker is optional but not necessary (you will be able to listen to the presentation by dialing in on your phone if your computer does not have a speaker)
A unique email address is required for each registrant to register and access our courses.
- If this is your first time registering with us, please provide your own unique email address when registering; do not provide an email address that you share with co-workers.
- If you have previously taken classes with us and have used an email address that you share with your co-workers or supervisor, your account must be updated with a unique email address. To do this, please send an email to us at email@example.com stating that your email address needs to be changed and include:
- Your full name
- The shared email address that needs to be changed
- Your unique email address
- A phone number where you can be reached if we have any questions
Photo ID Requirement
Each registrant will be asked provide a photo of him/herself holding their government-issued photo ID. This is required by credit boards so that you may receive credits for participating in this online course.
- You will receive a reminder email prior to the start of the class with further instructions. Wait to receive these instructions before you attempt to upload your ID.
- The photo must be clear enough that we can read your name and verify that the person pictured on the ID is in fact the person holding it.
- After an OCPE staff member reviews the picture and verifies your identity, you will have access to participate in the course when it begins.
Cancellations and Substitutions
A $75 cancellation fee applies for this course. Substitutions are permitted. View our cancellation policy.
Program Questions? We’re Here to Help!
If you have any questions about Using RADIUS to Submit Air Permits and Emission Statements, please don’t hesitate to reach out to us.
Program Coordinator: Pamela Springard-Mayer
For registration assistance, please contact our Registration Department at 848-932-9271, option 2 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.