Course Status Notice – Not Scheduled
Pay with Credit Card:
Pay with Check, PO, or Money Order:
Course Name: Air Quality Permitting Seminar
Course Code: EN0203WA23
Date of Most Recent Offering: June 19-27, 2023
Course Opens: June 19, 2023 at 8:00am EDT
Course Closes: June 27, 2023 at 11:59pm EDT
*Participants can complete the course content (which will take approximately 12 hours) at their own pace anytime during the period the course is open.
Registration Fee: $400 per person
Multi Person Discount Fee: $375 per person (Save when you sign up with a colleague!)
Registration Closes: June 23, 2023
Paying with a check, money order, or purchase order?
Payments should be made out to: Rutgers, The State University of New Jersey
Checks and money orders should be mailed to: Office of Continuing Professional Education, Attn: Registration Dept., 102 Ryders Ln, New Brunswick, NJ 08901-8519
Purchase Orders can be mailed to the address above or electronically sent to email@example.com.
This class is part of the NJDEP Qualified Environmental Air Compliance Auditor Program.
Staying current with new regulations and maintaining compliance with all state and federal air permitting regulations (not to mention avoiding fines, penalties, and pollution problems) is paramount to the success of any business.
This online course will help guide you through the air permitting process in New Jersey. It has been updated to inform participants of the latest processes and procedures that will result in the most timely and flexible permits. Our team of experienced instructors will help you understand what permits you need, how to get them, and what to do after you have them. They will also give you an “insider’s guide” to the NJDEP website and show you how to streamline the permit application process online. Learn how to save time and money while keeping our air clean!
- Operating Permits
- Preconstruction Permits
- Air Permit Application
- Online Applications and Compliance Reports
- Compliance and Enforcement
- Stack Testing and Continuous Emission Monitoring (CEM)
- Advances in the Art of Air Pollution Control (SOTA)
- Air Quality Modeling and Health Risk Assessment
- Emission Statements
- Rule Updates
- And Other Topics!
Who Should Attend?
All industry professionals, consultants, and municipal staff responsible for writing Air Permits should attend this online workshop. Past participants have included:
- Environmental Compliance Specialists
- Environmental Consultants
- Environmental Health and Safety Professionals
- Licensed Site Remediation Professionals (LSRP)
- Project Managers
- Regulatory Compliance Specialists
- Research Scientists
Meet Your Instructors
Representatives from the NJDEP will teach this seminar.
“Absolutely necessary if working in air compliance role in NJ.”
– Past Participant
“Very good instructions and initiation to technical air program requirements.”
– Past Participant
“Clear, concise, and to the point! Instructors were obviously very knowledgeable.”
– Past Participant
Continuing Education Credits
The most recent offering of the Air Quality Permitting Seminar was approved for 1.2 Rutgers CEUs and the following credits from professional organizations. We will reapply for similar credits the next time the course runs, but we cannot guarantee credit approval for future offerings.
NJ Drinking Water and Wastewater Operators: 10 TCHs (Approval #01-041204-30)
NJ Health Officers and Registered Environmental Health Specialists (HO/REHS): Rutgers University, NJAES, Office of Continuing Professional Education has been approved by the New Jersey Department of Health as a provider of NJ Public Health Continuing Education Contact Hours (CEs). Participants who complete this education program will be awarded 12.0 NJ Public Health Continuing Education Contact Hours (CEs).
NJ Licensed Site Remediation Professionals (LSRP): 11.5 Regulatory CECs
NJ Professional Engineers: 12 Continuing Professional Competency (CPC) Credits
Course Requirements and Policies
This course is offered online within the Canvas learning management system. It will take approximately 12 hours to complete, and participants will have 7 days to complete the coursework at their own pace.
Equipment you will need to access this training:
- Computer or tablet (phones are not recommended for optimal viewing and interaction)
A unique email address is required for each registrant to register and access our courses.
- If this is your first time registering with us, please provide your own unique email address when registering; do not provide an email address that you share with co-workers.
- If you have previously taken classes with us and have used an email address that you share with your co-workers or supervisor, your account must be updated with a unique email address. To do this, please send an email to us at firstname.lastname@example.org stating that your email address needs to be changed and include:
- Your full name
- The shared email address that needs to be changed
- Your unique email address
- A phone number where you can be reached if we have any questions
Photo ID Requirement
Each registrant will be asked provide a photo of him/herself holding their government-issued photo ID. This is required by credit boards so that you may receive credits for participating in this online course.
- You will receive a reminder email prior to the start of the class with further instructions. Wait to receive these instructions before you attempt to upload your ID.
- The photo must be clear enough that we can read your name and verify that the person pictured on the ID is in fact the person holding it.
- After an OCPE staff member reviews the picture and verifies your identity, you will have access to participate in the course when it begins.
Cancellations and Substitutions
A $75 cancellation fee applies for this course. Substitutions are permitted. View our cancellation policy.
Attention U.S. Veterans
This course is approved by the New Jersey State Approving Agency for Veterans Training for educational benefits through the GI Bill®. Learn more.
GI Bill® is a registered trademark of the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs (VA). More information about education benefits offered by VA is available at the official U.S. government website at http://www.benefits.va.gov/gibill.
Program Questions? We’re Here to Help!
If you have any questions about the Air Quality Permitting Seminar, please don’t hesitate to reach out to us.
Program Coordinator: Pamela Springard-Mayer
For registration assistance, please contact our Registration Department at 848-932-9271, option 2 or email email@example.com.