Pay with Credit Card:
Pay with Check, PO, or Money Order:
Course Name: Auditor’s Workshop: Managing Environmental Compliance
Course Code: EN0201WA24
Course Opens: December 4, 2023 at 8:00 am EST
Course Closes: December 10, 2023 at 11:59 pm EST
*Participants can complete the course content (which will take approximately 6 hours) at their own pace anytime during the period the course is open.
Registration Fee: $295 per person
Multi Person Discount Fee: $275 per person (Save when you sign up with a colleague!)
Registration Closes: December 7, 2023 at 12:00 pm EST
Paying with a check, money order, or purchase order?
Payments should be made out to: Rutgers, The State University of New Jersey
Checks and money orders should be mailed to: Office of Continuing Professional Education, Attn: Registration Dept., 102 Ryders Ln, New Brunswick, NJ 08901-8519
Purchase Orders can be mailed to the address above or electronically sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.
This class is part of the NJDEP Qualified Environmental Air Compliance Auditor Program.
Staying current with regulations and maintaining compliance (not to mention avoiding fines, penalties, and pollution problems) is important to the success of any business. The basics of auditing, along with an update on regulations, tools, and resources, will be presented in this course to help your business stay in compliance.
Managing your company’s environmental compliance means reducing exposure to unnecessary environmental risks. When it comes to potential savings that can be identified through an environmental audit, an auditor can examine the facility’s environmental records and the organization’s environmental policies and regulatory responsibilities. Companies with good environmental management systems incorporate the principles of resource conservation and pollution prevention into their everyday practices to help achieve regulatory compliance.
Auditors must have the knowledge of the field of activity in which they will carry out their audit, as well as:
- Environmental management systems and policies
- Pollution control technology
- The environment in general
- The environmental requirements of state and federal regulations
Who Should Attend?
The information presented in this course can benefit individuals from a variety of professional backgrounds. Past participants have included:
- Environmental Compliance Managers
- Plant Managers
- Project Managers
- Wastewater Operators
Meet Your Instructors
Representatives from the NJDEP and industry will teach all aspects of the seminar.
Most useful aspect of the course: “Review of regulatory requirements and identification of additional program resources.”
– Past Participant
Most useful aspect of the course: “All of the references and links to information; many of these are difficult to find if you don’t know where they are already.”
– Past Participant
Most useful aspect of the course: “Great audit prep tips (what to expect, etc.).”
– Past Participant
Continuing Education Credits
The Auditor’s Workshop: Managing Environmental Compliance course is approved for 0.6 Rutgers CEUs (6 contact hours), as well as the following credits from professional organizations.
NJ Drinking Water and Wastewater Operators: 6 TCHs (Approval #01-072001-30)
NJ Health Officers and Registered Environmental Health Specialists (HO/REHS): Rutgers University, NJAES, Office of Continuing Professional Education has been approved by the New Jersey Department of Health as a provider of NJ Public Health Continuing Education Contact Hours (CEs). Participants who complete this education program will be awarded 6.0 NJ Public Health Continuing Education Contact Hours (CEs).
NJ Licensed Site Remediation Professionals (LSRP): 4 Regulatory CECs
NJ Professional Engineers: 6 Continuing Professional Competency (CPC) Credits
Course Requirements and Policies
This course is offered online within the Canvas learning management system. Participants will have 7 days to complete the coursework on their own.
Equipment you will need to access this training:
- Computer or tablet (phones are not recommended for optimal viewing and interaction)
After you register, you will receive an email from “Rutgers University Canvas” (from address: email@example.com) prompting you to click a link to finish setting up your Canvas account. If you do not see this message in your inbox, please check your junk/spam folder.
A unique email address is required for each registrant to register and access our courses.
- If this is your first time registering with us, please provide your own unique email address when registering; do not provide an email address that you share with co-workers.
- If you have previously taken classes with us and have used an email address that you share with your co-workers or supervisor, your account must be updated with a unique email address. To do this, please send an email to us at firstname.lastname@example.org stating that your email address needs to be changed and include:
- Your full name
- The shared email address that needs to be changed
- Your unique email address
- A phone number where you can be reached if we have any questions
Photo ID Requirement
Each registrant will be asked provide a photo of him/herself holding their government-issued photo ID. This is required by credit boards so that you may receive credits for participating in this online course.
- You will receive a reminder email prior to the start of the class with further instructions. Wait to receive these instructions before you attempt to upload your ID.
- The photo must be clear enough that we can read your name and verify that the person pictured on the ID is in fact the person holding it.
- After an OCPE staff member reviews the picture and verifies your identity, you will have access to participate in the course when it begins.
Cancellations and Substitutions
A $75 cancellation fee applies for this course. Substitutions are permitted. View our cancellation policy.
Attention U.S. Veterans
This course is approved by the New Jersey State Approving Agency for Veterans Training for educational benefits through the GI Bill®. Learn more.
GI Bill® is a registered trademark of the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs (VA). More information about education benefits offered by VA is available at the official U.S. government website at http://www.benefits.va.gov/gibill.
Program Questions? We’re Here to Help!
If you have any questions about Auditor’s Workshop: Managing Environmental Compliance, please don’t hesitate to reach out to us.
Program Coordinator: Pamela Springard-Mayer
For registration assistance, please contact our Registration Department at 848-932-9271, option 2 or email email@example.com.