Course Status: SOLD OUT!
This course is sold out! Click here to join the waitlist online or contact our Registration Department and request to be added to the waitlist (firstname.lastname@example.org or 848-932-9271, option 2). You can also join our email list so you’ll be notified when the next offering is scheduled.
Jump to: Course Details | Overview | Instructor | Reviews | CE Credits | Contact Us | Related Courses | Join Email List
Pay with Credit Card:
Pay with Check, PO, or Money Order:
Course Name: Motor Control Circuits: Wiring to Troubleshooting
Course Code: EO0709CB23
Date: April 26-28, 2023 (Participants must attend all 3 days of class.)
Time: 8:30 am – 3:45 pm (Check-in time on Day 1: 8:00 am)
Location: Bioresource Engineering Laboratory (formerly ECC), 18 Ag Extension Way, New Brunswick, NJ 08901 (Directions & Map)
Format: Classroom course with hands-on activities
Registration Fee: $495 per person
Multi Person Discount Fee: $475 per person (Save when you sign up with a colleague!)
NJLWO Discount Fee: $247.50 per person (available for T, W, and VSWS license holders only)
Registration Closes: April 25, 2023
Paying with a check, money order, or purchase order?
Payments should be made out to: Rutgers, The State University of New Jersey
Checks and money orders should be mailed to: Office of Continuing Professional Education, Attn: Registration Dept., 102 Ryders Ln, New Brunswick, NJ 08901-8519
Purchase Orders can be mailed to the address above or electronically sent to email@example.com.
This electrical training course will present the theory of control operation and the proper techniques for diagramming motor control circuits. Once you are familiar with the basic circuit, our electrical training instructor will teach you how to apply these theories to more complex systems so that you can quickly troubleshoot and repair equipment.
Please bring your volt/ohm meter to class!
- Basic Control Circuit and Holding Circuit Wiring
- Permissive Circuits and Light Indication Wiring
- Time Interface Circuits
- Electrical Interlock Interfacing Circuits and Timers
Who Should Attend?
This class is a great source of information for anyone who wants to improve their understanding of motor control circuits, as well as how to troubleshoot issues and make repairs. Past participants have included:
- Chief Operating Engineers
- HVAC Techs
- Maintenance Workers
- Operations Shift Supervisors
- Power Plant Supervisors
- Production Mechanics
- Public Works Repairers
- Pump Station Foremen
- Utilities Managers
- Water/Sewer Repairers
- Water and Wastewater Operators
Meet Your Instructor
Terry has served as one of OCPE’s most valued and popular instructors for more than thirty years. While employed as a Senior Leadership and Mechanical Trainer for PSE&G’s Production Training Center, he crafted a parallel training career with the New Jersey Agricultural Experiment Station (NJAES)/Rutgers University Office of Continuing Professional Education (OCPE). Teaching programs in topics ranging from workplace safety to motor controls, O & M of pumps, blueprint reading – and an extremely popular Management Skills for Supervisors workshop – Terry’s courses provide useful, timely real-world information that resonates and stays with attendees.
“Excellent instructor, love Terry!”
– Past Participant
“Good course to learn motor control troubleshooting.”
– Past Participant
“[I learned] How to read and understand electrical circuits.”
– Past Participant
Continuing Education Credits
The Motor Control Circuits: Wiring to Troubleshooting course is approved for 1.8 Rutgers CEUs, as well as the following credits from professional organizations.
NJ Drinking Water and Wastewater Operators: 18 TCHs (Approval #01-090006-30)
NJ Electrical Contractors: 18 Continuing Education Hours
PA Drinking Water and Wastewater Operators: 18 Recert Hours
No breakfast will be provided. Box lunches will be available for pre-registered attendees only.
NOTE: If you have any dietary restrictions or food allergies, please alert us at least one (1) week in advance of the course start date so that we can make reasonable accommodations. We cannot guarantee accommodations for special requests made after that time.
Course Requirements and Policies
COVID-19 Mask & Vaccination Policies for Face-to-Face Classes
Registrants attending OCPE events are not currently required to wear face masks or provide proof of vaccination.
To continue to protect yourself and others:
- Masks are welcome.
- If you have symptoms, testing is encouraged.
- If you feel unwell, please recover at home. Contact us to cancel your registration at 848-932-9271, option 2 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Pre-registration is required. We’re sorry, but we cannot guarantee a seat, materials, or meals for walk-in registrants.
Location is subject to change; registrants will be notified in the event of a change.
Campus Parking Policy
All visitors must register their vehicles ONLINE to park on campus. Please follow the guidelines below. Failure to comply with these policies may result in a citation.
- A link to register your vehicle will be provided in your course confirmation email. Please be sure to complete this important step prior to traveling to campus.
- When you park on campus, be sure that your license plate is unobstructed and visible from the driving aisle.
- All Rutgers faculty/staff/students must use their regular Rutgers permit and park in the nearest lot assigned for their permit type.
A unique email address is required for each registrant to register and access our courses.
- If this is your first time registering with us, please provide your own unique email address when registering; do not provide an email address that you share with co-workers.
- If you have previously taken classes with us and have used an email address that you share with your co-workers or supervisor, your account must be updated with a unique email address. To do this, please send an email to us at email@example.com stating that your email address needs to be changed and include:
- Your full name
- The shared email address that needs to be changed
- Your unique email address
- A phone number where you can be reached if we have any questions
Cancellations and Substitutions
A $100 cancellation fee applies for this course. Substitutions are permitted. View our cancellation policy.
Attention U.S. Veterans
This course is approved by the New Jersey State Approving Agency for Veterans Training for educational benefits through the GI Bill®. Learn more.
GI Bill® is a registered trademark of the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs (VA). More information about education benefits offered by VA is available at the official U.S. government website at http://www.benefits.va.gov/gibill.
Program Questions? We’re Here to Help!
If you have any questions about Motor Control Circuits: Wiring to Troubleshooting, please don’t hesitate to reach out to us.
Assistant Director: Carol Broccoli
Administrative Assistant: Claudine Oleskin
For registration assistance, please contact our Registration Department at 848-932-9271, option 2 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.