Course Status: Not Currently Scheduled
We do not have an offering of this course scheduled at this time. Please join our email list to be notified when the next offering is scheduled!
Jump to: Overview | Instructor | Reviews | CE Credits | Contact Us | Related Courses | Join Email List
Pay with Credit Card:
Pay with Check, PO, or Money Order:
Course Name: Human Error Reduction Training
Course Code: EP0801CA23
Date of Most Recent Offering:
June 27, 2023 (Cancelled)
Time: TBD am – TBD pm (Check-in time: TBD am)
Location: Bioresource Engineering Laboratory (formerly ECC), 18 Ag Extension Way, New Brunswick, NJ 08901 (Directions & Map)
Format: Classroom course
Registration Fee: $TBDper person
Multi-Person Discount Fee: $TBD per person (Save when you sign up with a colleague!)
NJLWO Discount Fee: $TBD per person (available for T, W, and VSWS license holders only)
Registration Closes: TBD
Paying with a check, money order, or purchase order?
Payments should be made out to: Rutgers, The State University of New Jersey
Checks and money orders should be mailed to: Office of Continuing Professional Education, Attn: Registration Dept., 102 Ryders Ln, New Brunswick, NJ 08901-8519
Purchase Orders can be mailed to the address above or electronically sent to email@example.com.
You are responsible for your own safety and for the safety of the person beside you. This workshop is designed to help you understand the fundamentals of human performance and behavior necessary to prevent accidents and injuries both at work and at home. Learn how to prevent, detect, and correct unsafe conditions and acts that cause human errors or injuries resulting from errors. Complacency kills!
- How Prevention Techniques Can Reduce the Occurrence of Accidents and Injuries
- Descriptions and Differentiation Between Skill, Rule, and Knowledge-based Errors
- The Relationship Between Behaviors and Performance
- Human Error “Traps” that Influence Performance
- The Point of “No Return” or Irretrievable Action and How it Relates to Tasks and Behaviors
Who Should Attend?
This course is a great source of information for anyone wanting to learn how to prevent avoidable accidents and stay safe on the job. Past participants have included:
- Building and Grounds Supervisors
- DPW Superintendents
- EHS Managers
- Health and Safety Leaders
- Industrial Hygiene Managers
- Lab Managers
- Plant Schedulers
- Process Safety Engineers
- Project Managers
- Treatment Plant Managers
- Utility Inspectors
- Water Operators
Meet Your Instructor
Terry has served as one of OCPE’s most valued and popular instructors for more than thirty years. While employed as a Senior Leadership and Mechanical Trainer for PSE&G’s Production Training Center, he crafted a parallel training career with the New Jersey Agricultural Experiment Station (NJAES)/Rutgers University Office of Continuing Professional Education (OCPE). Teaching programs in topics ranging from workplace safety to motor controls, O & M of pumps, blueprint reading – and an extremely popular Management Skills for Supervisors workshop – Terry’s courses provide useful, timely real-world information that resonates and stays with attendees.
“[This course] Helps operator reflect on job duties and think about what we do every day to see if it can be done in a safer manner.”
– Past Participant
“Knowledgeable instructor, good tips and tricks to prevent workplace injury.”
– Past Participant
Most useful part of the course: “Applying the information to real life job activities.”
– Past Participant
Continuing Education Credits
The most recent offering of Human Error Reduction Training was approved for 0.6 Rutgers CEUs, as well as for the following credits from professional organizations. We will reapply for similar credits the next time the course runs, but we cannot guarantee credit approval for future offerings.
NJ Drinking Water and Wastewater Operators: 6 TCHs SAFETY (Approval #01-020602-31)
Please note: Under NJDEP regulations, only one-third (1/3) of the total number of TCHs needed to maintain your license can be associated with courses or events which have been approved by NJDEP as safety programs (i.e., those with course approval numbers ending in “1”).
No breakfast will be provided. Box lunches will be available for pre-registered attendees only.
NOTE: If you have any dietary restrictions or food allergies, please alert us at least one (1) week in advance of the course start date so that we can make reasonable accommodations. We cannot guarantee accommodations for special requests made after that time.
Course Requirements and Policies
COVID-19 Mask & Vaccination Policies for Face-to-Face Classes
Registrants attending OCPE events are not currently required to wear face masks or provide proof of vaccination.
To continue to protect yourself and others:
- Masks are welcome.
- If you have symptoms, testing is encouraged.
- If you feel unwell, please recover at home. Contact us to cancel your registration at 848-932-9271, option 2 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Pre-registration is required. We’re sorry, but we cannot guarantee a seat, materials, or meals for walk-in registrants.
Location is subject to change; registrants will be notified in the event of a change.
Campus Parking Policy
All visitors must register their vehicles ONLINE to park on campus. Please follow the guidelines below. Failure to comply with these policies may result in a citation.
- A link to register your vehicle will be provided in your course confirmation email. Please be sure to complete this important step prior to traveling to campus.
- When you park on campus, be sure that your license plate is unobstructed and visible from the driving aisle.
- All Rutgers faculty/staff/students must use their regular Rutgers permit and park in the nearest lot assigned for their permit type.
A unique email address is required for each registrant to register and access our courses.
- If this is your first time registering with us, please provide your own unique email address when registering; do not provide an email address that you share with co-workers.
- If you have previously taken classes with us and have used an email address that you share with your co-workers or supervisor, your account must be updated with a unique email address. To do this, please send an email to us at email@example.com stating that your email address needs to be changed and include:
- Your full name
- The shared email address that needs to be changed
- Your unique email address
- A phone number where you can be reached if we have any questions
Cancellations and Substitutions
A $75 cancellation fee applies for this course. Substitutions are permitted. View our cancellation policy.
Attention U.S. Veterans
This course is approved by the New Jersey State Approving Agency for Veterans Training for educational benefits through the GI Bill®. Learn more.
GI Bill® is a registered trademark of the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs (VA). More information about education benefits offered by VA is available at the official U.S. government website at http://www.benefits.va.gov/gibill.
Program Questions? We’re Here to Help!
If you have any questions about Human Error Reduction Training, please don’t hesitate to reach out to us.
Assistant Director: Carol Broccoli
Administrative Assistant: Claudine Oleskin
For registration assistance, please contact our Registration Department at 848-932-9271, option 2 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.