Contact Carol Broccoli to Register
Course Name: Recycling Public Policy
Course Code: ER0101WB24
Date: May 23, 2024
Time: 8:30 am – 3:45 pm EDT
Format: Live, instructor-led
Registration Fee: $150.00 per person
Multi Person Discount Fee: $125 per person (Save when you sign up with a colleague!)
Recycling Series Discount Fee: $120 per person (Save when you register for all courses in the Recycling Certification Series!)
Registration closes: TBD
Paying with a check, money order, or purchase order?
Payments should be made out to: Rutgers, The State University of New Jersey
Checks and money orders should be mailed to: Office of Continuing Professional Education, Attn: Registration Dept., 102 Ryders Ln, New Brunswick, NJ 08901-8519
Purchase Orders can be mailed to the address above or electronically sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.
This class is part of the NJ Recycling Certification Series.
This class is designed to provide the information you and your business, school, or recycling program need to know about what is coming down the pike from regulatory agencies so you can be ahead of the crowd. Speakers from the public and private sectors and regulatory agencies will lead up-to-date discussions of current policies, implementation processes, and impacts. Learn what is going on today and what you can expect for tomorrow.
Who Should Attend?
If you are completing the NJ Recycling Certification Program in order to become a Certified Recycling Professional, you must take this course.
Those who are already Certified Recycling Professionals can take this course to catch up with recent policy and legislative changes and earn six (6) recertification credits in the process!
Meet Your Instructor
Wayne DeFeo, DeFeo Associates
Wayne DeFeo is the founder of DeFeo Associates, a full service environmental consulting firm. He is an NJDEP Certified Compost Facility Operator, member of the US Composting Council, and brings more than 25 years of experience in the recycling/solid waste field to the classroom. Past students describe him as “funny and engaging” and “very informative” with “great energy and passion for the subject.”
“Learning about the different laws coming down the pike was very helpful. It will allow me to be prepared for the future.”
– Past Participant
“Received some good ideas for our recycling program.”
– Past Participant
“Great class. Keeps us on the cutting edge!”
– Past Participant
Continuing Education Credits
The Recycling Public Policy course is approved for 0.6 Rutgers CEUs, as well as the following credits from professional organizations.
NJ Certified Public Works Managers (CPWM): 3 Management and 3 Government Contact Hours
NJ Certified Recycling Professionals (CRP): 6 Classroom Recertification Credits
Course Requirements and Policies
This online course will be delivered via Rutgers Canvas learning management system and Zoom.
Equipment you will need to access this training:
- A laptop or desktop computer is required for this class.
- Speakers and microphone are not necessary as a call-in option is available.
Once you register with OCPE, you will receive an email from “Rutgers University Canvas” saying, “Click here to finish the registration process,” to create your new account in the Canvas Virtual Platform. If you do not see this message in your inbox, please check your junk/spam folder.
A unique email address is required for each registrant to register and access our courses.
- If this is your first time registering with us, please provide your own unique email address when registering; do not provide an email address that you share with co-workers.
- If you have previously taken classes with us and have used an email address that you share with your co-workers or supervisor, your account must be updated with a unique email address. To do this, please send an email to us at email@example.com stating that your email address needs to be changed and include:
- Your full name
- The shared email address that needs to be changed
- Your unique email address
- A phone number where you can be reached if we have any questions
Photo ID Requirement
Each registrant will be asked provide a photo of him/herself holding their government-issued photo ID. This is required by credit boards so that you may receive credits for participating in this online course.
- You will receive a reminder email prior to the start of the class with further instructions. Wait to receive these instructions before you attempt to upload your ID.
- The photo must be clear enough that we can read your name and verify that the person pictured on the ID is in fact the person holding it.
- After an OCPE staff member reviews the picture and verifies your identity, you will have access to participate in the course when it begins.
Cancellations and Substitutions
A $75 cancellation fee applies for this course. Substitutions are permitted. View our cancellation policy.
Program Questions? We’re Here to Help!
If you have any questions about Recycling Public Policy, please don’t hesitate to reach out to us.
Assistant Director: Carol Broccoli
Administrative Assistant: Claudine Oleskin
For registration assistance, please contact our Registration Department at 848-932-9271, option 2 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.