Pay with Credit Card:
Pay with Check, PO, or Money Order:
Course Name: Snow and Ice Removal for Municipalities and Public Grounds
Course Code: AL0283WA24
Date: November 6, 2023
Time: 9:00 am – 12:00 pm EST (Log-in time: 8:30 am EST)
Format: Live, instructor-led
Registration Fee: $210 per person
Early Bird Discount Fee: $195 per person (expires October 30, 2023)
Registration Closes: November 4, 2023
Paying with a check, money order, or purchase order?
Payments should be made out to: Rutgers, The State University of New Jersey
Checks and money orders should be mailed to: Office of Continuing Professional Education, Attn: Registration Dept., 102 Ryders Ln, New Brunswick, NJ 08901-8519
Purchase Orders can be mailed to the address above or electronically sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Snowball fights and sledding may be all fun and games, but when dangerous sleet, hail, and slush hit the streets and parking lots in your town, snow removal can be a slippery slope. Prepare for the perils of winter by learning how to mitigate snow and ice risks.
In our half-day online Snow and Ice Removal Course, review statewide snow removal laws. Then, study modern weather forecasting to gain a better understanding of when and how much it is going to precipitate in your area. You’ll learn the pros and cons of using brine and other chemicals for snow/ice control and much more.
You’ll discuss a real-world case study and leave this program better equipped to handle the hazards of cold weather. Register today!
- Training Employees
- Setting Priorities
- Safety Checklists
- Creating a Routing Plan
- Establishing Best Practices
Who Should Attend?
This class provides strategies and solutions for anyone who clears roads, lots, and sidewalks in winter. Past participants have included:
- Department of Public Works Employees
- Facilities Managers
- Maintenance Workers
- Park Supervisors
- Safety / Operations Officers
Meet Your Instructor
Mr. D’Altilio has over 36 years of government experience serving as Ridgefield, NJ Councilperson, Chairman of the Police Committee, Environmental Commissioner, Essex County Solid Waste Advisory Council (SWAC) Chairman, Asst. Director of Public Works, Sanitation Superintendent and Recycling Coordinator, Chairman of NJDEP Reinvigorating Recycling Government Workgroup, and a participant in the Modernization Evaluation of the NJDEP Solid and Hazardous Waste Management Program.
“This class was excellent. I’ve been trying to get my boss to send more people to this course.”
– Past Participant
Most useful part of the course: “Use of different practices in salting and applying brine and calcium and when to apply.”
– Past Participant
Most useful part of the course: “[Learning about] effectiveness of salt brine use before a storm.”
– Past Participant
Continuing Education Credits
The Snow and Ice Removal for Municipalities and Public Grounds course (3 contact hours) is approved for the following credits from professional organizations.
NJ Certified Public Works Managers (CPWM): 5 Technical Contact Hours (Course # DLGS16750)
Course Requirements and Policies
This online course will be delivered via Zoom.
Equipment you will need to access this training:
- A computer, tablet, or smartphone
- Microphone is necessary if you’d like to ask questions
- Webcam is optional but not necessary
- Speaker is optional but not necessary (you will be able to listen to the presentation by dialing in on your phone if your computer does not have a speaker)
A unique email address is required for each registrant to register and access our courses.
- If this is your first time registering with us, please provide your own unique email address when registering; do not provide an email address that you share with co-workers.
- If you have previously taken classes with us and have used an email address that you share with your co-workers or supervisor, your account must be updated with a unique email address. To do this, please send an email to us at email@example.com stating that your email address needs to be changed and include:
- Your full name
- The shared email address that needs to be changed
- Your unique email address
- A phone number where you can be reached if we have any questions
Photo ID Requirement
Each registrant will be asked provide a photo of him/herself holding their government-issued photo ID. This is required by credit boards so that you may receive credits for participating in this online course.
- You will receive a reminder email prior to the start of the class with further instructions. Wait to receive these instructions before you attempt to upload your ID.
- The photo must be clear enough that we can read your name and verify that the person pictured on the ID is in fact the person holding it.
- After an OCPE staff member reviews the picture and verifies your identity, you will have access to participate in the course when it begins.
Cancellations and Substitutions
A $35 cancellation fee applies for this course. Substitutions are permitted. View our cancellation policy.
Program Questions? We’re Here to Help!
If you have any questions about Snow and Ice Removal for Municipalities and Public Grounds, please don’t hesitate to reach out to us.
Program Coordinator: Joe Canzano
Administrative Assistant: Damiana Parada
For registration assistance, please contact our Registration Department at 848-932-9271, option 2 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.