Course Status: Not Currently Scheduled
We do not have an offering of this course scheduled at this time. You may be interested in our Park Liability and Park Plants course instead. Please join our email list to be notified when the next offering is scheduled!
Jump to: Overview | Instructor | CE Credits | Contact Us | Related Courses | Join Email List
Pay with Credit Card:
Pay with Check, PO, or Money Order:
Course Name: Park Management and Liability Issues
Course Code: AL0901WA22
Date: March 9, 2022
Time: 9:00 am – 3:30 pm EST (Log-in time: 8:30 am EST)
Format: Live, instructor-led
Registration Fee: TBD
Multi Person Discount Fee: TBD (Save when you sign up with a colleague!)
Registration Closes: TBD
Paying with a check, money order, or purchase order?
Payments should be made out to: Rutgers, The State University of New Jersey
Checks and money orders should be mailed to: Office of Continuing Professional Education, Attn: Registration Dept., 102 Ryders Ln, New Brunswick, NJ 08901-8519
Purchase Orders can be mailed to the address above or electronically sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.
This class is part of the Public Grounds Management Certificate Program.
Liability and leadership are key components of managing a park or field, and this course can help you with both.
Sports field expert Scott Bills will discuss your responsibilities, your liability, and how to stay out of the courtroom, while Ned Lipman, former Director of the Office of Continuing Professional Education, will introduce you to new ideas and strategies to gain commitment from even your most hardened crew members.
Who Should Attend?
If your job involves public park maintenance and management, this class is for you!
Meet Your Instructors
Scott Bills, Sports Field Solutions, LLC
Ned Lipman, Rutgers University
Ned served as the Director of Continuing Professional Education at Rutgers University’s New Jersey Agricultural Experiment Station for more than 35 years. He continues to work with the office as a part-time lecturer. He also is a part-time lecturer for the Rutgers School of Environmental and Biological Sciences’ Department of Agricultural, Food, and Resource Economics and has taught more than 10,000 undergraduate students and professionals since 1978. Ned enjoys his role as a frequent supplier of management instruction to the many audiences which Rutgers serves and is a frequent lecturer throughout New Jersey, presenting subjects relating to organizational leadership and marketing.
– Past Participant
– Past Participant
– Past Participant
Continuing Education Credits
The most recent offering of Park Management and Liability Issues was approved for the following credits from professional organizations. We will reapply for similar credits the next time the course runs, but we cannot guarantee credit approval for future offerings.
NJ Certified Public Works Managers (CPWM): 5 Management Contact Hours
Course Requirements and Policies
This online course will be delivered via Zoom. Registrants will receive more information as we move closer to the course date. On June 13, 2022, they will receive an email with a link to access the course.
Please log into class at 8:00AM (30 minutes before start time) for a brief overview of the online format. The course will start promptly at 8:30AM.
Equipment you will need to access this training:
- Laptop or desktop computers are required for this class.
- Speakers and microphone are not necessary as a call-in option is available.
A unique email address is required for each registrant to register and access our courses.
- If this is your first time registering with us, please provide your own unique email address when registering; do not provide an email address that you share with co-workers.
- If you have previously taken classes with us and have used an email address that you share with your co-workers or supervisor, your account must be updated with a unique email address. To do this, please send an email to us at email@example.com stating that your email address needs to be changed and include:
- Your full name
- The shared email address that needs to be changed
- Your unique email address
- A phone number where you can be reached if we have any questions
Photo ID Requirement
Each registrant will be asked provide a photo of him/herself holding their government-issued photo ID. This is required by credit boards so that you may receive credits for participating in this online course.
- You will receive a reminder email prior to the start of the class with further instructions. Wait to receive these instructions before you attempt to upload your ID.
- The photo must be clear enough that we can read your name and verify that the person pictured on the ID is in fact the person holding it.
- After an OCPE staff member reviews the picture and verifies your identity, you will have access to participate in the course when it begins.
Cancellations and Substitutions
A $100 cancellation fee applies for this course. Substitutions are permitted. View our cancellation policy.
Program Questions? We’re Here to Help!
If you have any questions about Park Management and Liability Issues, please don’t hesitate to reach out to us.
Program Coordinator: Joe Canzano
For registration assistance, please contact our Registration Department at 848-932-9271, option 2 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.