Course Status Notice – Not Scheduled
Pay with Credit Card:
Pay with Check, PO, or Money Order:
Course Name: Pesticide Calibration
Course Code: AL0416CA24
Date of Most Recent Offering: December 15, 2023
Date: December 15, 2023 UPDATE THIS FOR NEW OFFERING
Time: 9:00 am – 1:00 pm (Check-in time: 8:30 am) UPDATE THIS FOR NEW OFFERING
Location: Ralph Geiger Turfgrass Education Center, 20 Indyk-Engel Way, New Brunswick, NJ 08902 (Directions & Map to Building)
Parking is ONLY available in the gravel lot behind the Office of Continuing Professional Education’s building (close to Ryders Lane). Parking lot map: https://goo.gl/maps/KXA9A8RVFmKZUEz79
Format: In person classroom course UPDATE THIS FOR NEW OFFERING
Registration Fee: $210 per person UPDATE THIS FOR NEW OFFERING
Early Bird Discount Fee: $195 per person (expires December 8, 2023) UPDATE THIS FOR NEW OFFERING
Registration Closes: December 13, 2023 UPDATE THIS FOR NEW OFFERING
Paying with a check, money order, or purchase order?
Payments should be made out to: Rutgers, The State University of New Jersey
Checks and money orders should be mailed to: Office of Continuing Professional Education, Attn: Registration Dept., 102 Ryders Ln, New Brunswick, NJ 08901-8519
Purchase Orders can be mailed to the address above or electronically sent to email@example.com.
There’s no escaping the math! Measuring, mixing, and calibrating pesticides requires you to convert acres into square footage (application area), pounds or ounces of material into amount of active ingredients (percentage active ingredient), ounces per second into gallon per minute (flow rates), and more. In this half-day course, instructor Joe Clark makes it easy as you learn how to save time and money by minimizing your mistakes.
Please have a calculator available to use during this class.
Who Should Attend?
This class is a great source of information for anyone who applies pesticides and wants to brush up on the necessary math skills. Past participants have included:
- Department of Public Works Employees
- Facility Managers
- Grounds Maintenance Professionals
- Landscape Technicians
- Pesticide Applicators
Meet Your Instructor
Joe Clark, Rutgers University
Joe Clark is the Research Farm Supervisor for the Horticultural Research Farm II at Rutgers. As such, he manages the operations of the farm, including research schedules, irrigation, and equipment. His educational background includes a earning a BS in Environmental Planning, Landscape Industries from Rutgers University. With his step-by-step instruction, Joe goes above and beyond to help students understand his math lessons.
“Having trouble with calibrating? This class helps a lot with safety and saving product.”
– Past Participant
“Nice instructor, good tools for calculations.”
– Past Participant
“Very informative; very good speaker who keeps you focused.”
– Past Participant
Continuing Education Credits
The most recent offering of Pesticide Calibration was approved for the following credits from professional organizations. We will reapply for similar credits the next time the course runs, but we cannot guarantee credit approval for future offerings.
NJ / CT Pesticide Applicators: 7 units in CORE
NJ Certified Fertilizer Applicators: 5 units for recertification credit
NJ Certified Public Works Managers (CPWM): 2 Technical, 2 Management Contact Hours
DE, MA, MD, NY, and PA Pesticide Applicators: If you need pesticide credits in these states, you must register and notify Joe Canzano at least 45 days before the course start date. Call 848-932-7317 or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
No meals will be provided at this course.
Course Requirements and Policies
COVID-19 Mask & Vaccination Policies for Face-to-Face Classes
Registrants attending OCPE events are not currently required to wear face masks or provide proof of vaccination.
To continue to protect yourself and others:
- Masks are welcome.
- If you have symptoms, testing is encouraged.
- If you feel unwell, please recover at home. Contact us to cancel your registration at 848-932-9271, option 2 or email@example.com.
Pre-registration is required. We’re sorry, but we cannot guarantee a seat, materials, or meals for walk-in registrants.
Location is subject to change; registrants will be notified in the event of a change.
Campus Parking Policy
All visitors must register their vehicles ONLINE to park on campus. Please follow the guidelines below. Failure to comply with these policies may result in a citation.
- A link to register your vehicle will be provided in your course confirmation email. Please be sure to complete this important step prior to traveling to campus.
- When you park on campus, be sure that your license plate is unobstructed and visible from the driving aisle.
- All Rutgers faculty/staff/students must use their regular Rutgers permit and park in the nearest lot assigned for their permit type.
A unique email address is required for each registrant to register and access our courses.
- If this is your first time registering with us, please provide your own unique email address when registering; do not provide an email address that you share with co-workers.
- If you have previously taken classes with us and have used an email address that you share with your co-workers or supervisor, your account must be updated with a unique email address. To do this, please send an email to us at firstname.lastname@example.org stating that your email address needs to be changed and include:
- Your full name
- The shared email address that needs to be changed
- Your unique email address
- A phone number where you can be reached if we have any questions
Cancellations and Substitutions
A $35 cancellation fee applies for this course. Substitutions are permitted. View our cancellation policy.
Program Questions? We’re Here to Help!
If you have any questions about Pesticide Calibration, please don’t hesitate to reach out to us.
Program Coordinator: Joe Canzano
For registration assistance, please contact our Registration Department at 848-932-9271, option 2 or email email@example.com.