Pay with Credit Card:
Pay with Check, PO, or Money Order:
Course Name: New Jersey Fertilizer Recertification Program
Course Code: AL0429WA24
Date: December 11, 2023
Time: 8:30 am – 12:30 pm EST (Check in time: 8:00 am EST)
Format: Live, instructor-led
Registration Fee: $145 per person
Registration Closes: December 9, 2023
Paying with a check, money order, or purchase order?
Payments should be made out to: Rutgers, The State University of New Jersey
Checks and money orders should be mailed to: Office of Continuing Professional Education, Attn: Registration Dept., 102 Ryders Ln, New Brunswick, NJ 08901-8519
Purchase Orders can be mailed to the address above or electronically sent to email@example.com.
This four-hour online class, led by Dr. James Murphy (Extension Specialist in Turf Management and the Director of the Rutgers Center for Turfgrass Science) and Brad Park (Rutgers Agronomist), will teach and review important concepts for turf fertilization to maintain healthy turf and protect water quality.
The class will also review the New Jersey fertilizer law (New Jersey Act P.L. 2010, c. 112), which establishes standards for fertilizer applications to turf, requires certification of professional fertilizer applicators, and regulates labeling and sale of specialty fertilizers for turf.
The class will provide 8 credits towards recertification in the Professional Fertilizer Applicator Certification and Training (ProFACT) program.
Who Should Attend?
This class has been developed for NJ certified fertilizer applicators looking to re-certify. Past participants have included:
- Department of Public Works Employees
- Fertilizer Applicators
- Golf Course Superintendents
- Irrigation Supervisors
- Pesticide Applicators
Meet Your Instructors
Dr. James Murphy, Rutgers University
Dr. Murphy is the Extension Specialist in Turfgrass Management at Rutgers University. He conducts extension and research programs related to identifying best management practices for turfgrasses grown in the metropolitan region around New Jersey. His work often focuses on developing a better understanding of turfgrass response to soil-related stresses. He is internationally recognized as an authority on best management practices that enhance the stress tolerance, persistence, and environmental benefits of cool-season turf.
Brad Park, Rutgers University
Brad Park is a Laboratory Researcher with the Rutgers Department of Plant Biology. Brad performs traffic stress research on cool-season turfgrass species commonly established for sports fields. He routinely visits athletic facilities in New Jersey to assist turf managers in solving problems associated with high traffic sports fields. He is also actively involved in research projects concerning low-input turfgrasses for public grounds, home lawns, and highway roadsides.
Most useful part of the course: “The overall information and explanations of the laws and what can and can’t be done.”
– Past Participant
On the instructors: “Educated experts in the field who are interesting and informative speakers – thank you!”
– Past Participant
“A good amount of solid information delivered in a relatively short span of time.”
– Past Participant
Continuing Education Credits
The New Jersey Fertilizer Recertification Program is approved for the following credits from professional organizations.
NJ Certified Fertilizer Applicators: 8 CEUs
Course Requirements and Policies
This online course will be delivered via Zoom. The day before the class starts, registrants will receive an email with a link to access the course. You will also receive a document with tips on how to use Zoom.
On the course date, please log in to class at 8:00 am (30 minutes before start time) for a brief overview of the online format. The course will start promptly at 8:30 am.
Equipment you will need to access this training:
- A computer, tablet, or smartphone
- Microphone is necessary if you’d like to ask questions
- Webcam is optional but not necessary
- Speaker is optional but not necessary (you will be able to listen to the presentation by dialing in on your phone if your computer does not have a speaker)
A unique email address is required for each registrant to register and access our courses.
- If this is your first time registering with us, please provide your own unique email address when registering; do not provide an email address that you share with co-workers.
- If you have previously taken classes with us and have used an email address that you share with your co-workers or supervisor, your account must be updated with a unique email address. To do this, please send an email to us at firstname.lastname@example.org stating that your email address needs to be changed and include:
- Your full name
- The shared email address that needs to be changed
- Your unique email address
- A phone number where you can be reached if we have any questions
Photo ID Requirement
Each registrant will be asked provide a photo of him/herself holding their government-issued photo ID. This is required by credit boards so that you may receive credits for participating in this online course.
- You will receive a reminder email prior to the start of the class with further instructions. Wait to receive these instructions before you attempt to upload your ID.
- The photo must be clear enough that we can read your name and verify that the person pictured on the ID is in fact the person holding it.
- After an OCPE staff member reviews the picture and verifies your identity, you will have access to participate in the course when it begins.
Cancellations and Substitutions
A $35 cancellation fee applies for this course. Substitutions are permitted. View our cancellation policy.
Program Questions? We’re Here to Help!
If you have any questions about the New Jersey Fertilizer Recertification Program, please don’t hesitate to reach out to us.
Program Coordinator: Joe Canzano
For registration assistance, please contact our Registration Department at 848-932-9271, option 2 or email email@example.com.