Course Status: Not Currently Scheduled
We do not have an offering of this course scheduled at this time. Please join our email list to be notified when the next offering is scheduled!
Jump to: Overview | Instructor | CE Credits | Contact Us | Related Courses | Join Email List
Pay with Credit Card:
Pay with Check, PO, or Money Order:
Course Name: Natural and Integrated Pest Management Strategies for Sports Turf
Course Code: AT0504CA20
Date: February 18, 2020
Time: 8:00 am – 12:30 pm (Check-in time: 8:30 am)
Format: Live, instructor-led
Registration Fee: TBD
Multi Person Discount Fee: TBD (save when you sign up with a colleague!)
Registration Closes: TBD
Paying with a check, money order, or purchase order?
Payments should be made out to: Rutgers, The State University of New Jersey
Checks and money orders should be mailed to: Office of Continuing Professional Education, Attn: Registration Dept., 102 Ryders Ln, New Brunswick, NJ 08901-8519
Purchase Orders can be mailed to the address above or electronically sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.
This class is part of the Natural Turf and Landscape Management Certificate Program.
Sports field managers at all levels are increasingly being asked, or in some cases mandated, to reduce or even eliminate synthetic fertilizers and pesticides applied to natural turfgrass playing surfaces. When faced with the prospect of reducing traditional inputs AND maintaining acceptable playing surface quality, sports field managers know that ‘going green’ is easier said than done. Unlike most home lawns, sports fields present unique problems including higher traffic and larger turf area. After completing this half day course, you will have learned strategies to manage sports fields either organically or with fewer pesticide inputs.
- Natural and Integrated Pest Management Systems in Sports Fields
- Soil management and Turfgrass Selection with Fewer Synthetic Pesticides
- Sports Field Strategies Using Unconventional Pesticides
Who Should Attend?
This class is designed for sports field managers interested in exploring methods to reduce or eliminate synthetic fertilizers and pesticides.
Meet Your Instructor
More information coming soon!
– Past Participant
– Past Participant
– Past Participant
Continuing Education Credits
The most recent offering of Natural and Integrated Pest Management Strategies for Sports Turf was approved for the following credits from professional organizations. We will reapply for similar credits the next time the course runs, but we cannot guarantee credit approval for future offerings.
NJ / CT Pesticide Applicators: 2 units in CORE; 4 units in 13; 5 units in 3B
NJ Certified Fertilizer Applicators: 2 credits
NJ Certified Public Works Managers (CPWM): 2 Technical & 2 Management Contact Hours
PA Pesticide Applicators: 2 credits in 7, 18, 23, and PC
DE, NY, MD, and MA Pesticide Applicators: If you need pesticide credits in these states, you must register and notify Joe Canzano at least 45 days before the course start date. Call 848-932-7317 or send an email to email@example.com.
Course Requirements and Policies
This online course will be delivered via Zoom. Registrants will receive more information as we move closer to the course date. On June 13, 2022, they will receive an email with a link to access the course.
Please log into class at 8:00AM (30 minutes before start time) for a brief overview of the online format. The course will start promptly at 8:30AM.
Equipment you will need to access this training:
- Laptop or desktop computers are required for this class.
- Speakers and microphone are not necessary as a call-in option is available.
A unique email address is required for each registrant to register and access our courses.
- If this is your first time registering with us, please provide your own unique email address when registering; do not provide an email address that you share with co-workers.
- If you have previously taken classes with us and have used an email address that you share with your co-workers or supervisor, your account must be updated with a unique email address. To do this, please send an email to us at firstname.lastname@example.org stating that your email address needs to be changed and include:
- Your full name
- The shared email address that needs to be changed
- Your unique email address
- A phone number where you can be reached if we have any questions
Photo ID Requirement
Each registrant will be asked provide a photo of him/herself holding their government-issued photo ID. This is required by credit boards so that you may receive credits for participating in this online course.
- You will receive a reminder email prior to the start of the class with further instructions. Wait to receive these instructions before you attempt to upload your ID.
- The photo must be clear enough that we can read your name and verify that the person pictured on the ID is in fact the person holding it.
- After an OCPE staff member reviews the picture and verifies your identity, you will have access to participate in the course when it begins.
Cancellations and Substitutions
A $100 cancellation fee applies for this course. Substitutions are permitted. View our cancellation policy.
Program Questions? We’re Here to Help!
If you have any questions about Natural and Integrated Pest Management Strategies for Sports Turf, please don’t hesitate to reach out to us.
Program Coordinator: Joe Canzano
For registration assistance, please contact our Registration Department at 848-932-9271, option 2 or email email@example.com.