Pay with Credit Card:
Pay with Check, PO, or Money Order:
Course Name: Landscape and Horticulture
Course Code: AL0264CA24
Date: March 18, 2024
Time: 9:00 am – 3:30 pm (Check-in time: 8:30 am)
Location: Bioresource Engineering Laboratory (formerly ECC), 18 Ag Extension Way, New Brunswick, NJ 08901 (Directions & Map)
Format: Classroom course
Registration Fee: $210 per person
Early Bird Discount Fee: $195 per person (March 11, 2024)
Registration Closes: March 16, 2024
Paying with a check, money order, or purchase order?
Payments should be made out to: Rutgers, The State University of New Jersey
Checks and money orders should be mailed to: Office of Continuing Professional Education, Attn: Registration Dept., 102 Ryders Ln, New Brunswick, NJ 08901-8519
Purchase Orders can be mailed to the address above or electronically sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.
In this jam-packed course, Bruce Neary discusses many essential skills needed to properly maintain a landscape.
This class also serves as a review course for the New Jersey Nursery and Landscape Association’s Certified Landscape Professional certification exam.
- Plant Identification
- Plant Physiology
- Plant Pests and IPM
- Soil Management
- Landscape Design
- Proper Planting Techniques
Who Should Attend?
This class is a great source of information for anyone who wants to learn more about soil science and how it affects plant growth. Past participants have included:
- Department of Public Works Employees
- Grounds Maintenance Workers
- Horticulture Technicians
- Park Maintenance Workers
Meet Your Instructor
Bruce Neary, BCN Horticultural Services
Bruce Neary is the owner of BCN Horticultural Services, where he has provided consulting services to landscape architects, contractors, developers, garden centers, nurseries, educators, and the public since 1994. Regarded as an industry expert, Bruce has written several articles for The Landscape Publication, Grounds Maintenance Magazine, and the American Nurseryman. Likewise, he has been a horticultural lecturer at Barlow Flower Farm and for other landscape organizations for more than 30 years. Bruce is a member of the Pennsylvania and American Horticultural Societies, Metro Hort Group, and Perennial Plant Association. He received his bachelor’s degree in Agronomy from Rutgers University and his Masters of Agriculture in Horticultural Sciences from Texas A&M.
– Past Participant
– Past Participant
– Past Participant
Continuing Education Credits
The Landscape and Horticulture course (5.5 contact hours) is approved for the following credits from professional organizations.
NJ Certified Public Works Managers (CPWM): 6.5 Technical Contact Hours (course #DLGS-RUCPE23-17)
NJ Licensed Tree Experts (LTE/LTCO): Pending
NJ Urban and Community Forestry (NJUCF): Pending
International Society of Arboriculture (ISA): Pending
No breakfast will be provided. Lunch will be available for pre-registered attendees only.
NOTE: If you have any dietary restrictions or food allergies, please alert us at least one (1) week in advance of the course start date so that we can make reasonable accommodations. We cannot guarantee accommodations for special requests made after that time.
Course Requirements and Policies
COVID-19 Mask & Vaccination Policies for Face-to-Face Classes
Registrants attending OCPE events are not currently required to wear face masks or provide proof of vaccination.
To continue to protect yourself and others:
- Masks are welcome.
- If you have symptoms, testing is encouraged.
- If you feel unwell, please recover at home. Contact us to cancel your registration at 848-932-9271, option 2 or email@example.com.
Pre-registration is required. We’re sorry, but we cannot guarantee a seat, materials, or meals for walk-in registrants.
Location is subject to change; registrants will be notified in the event of a change.
Campus Parking Policy
All visitors must register their vehicles ONLINE to park on campus. Please follow the guidelines below. Failure to comply with these policies may result in a citation.
- A link to register your vehicle will be provided in your course confirmation email. Please be sure to complete this important step prior to traveling to campus.
- When you park on campus, be sure that your license plate is unobstructed and visible from the driving aisle.
- All Rutgers faculty/staff/students must use their regular Rutgers permit and park in the nearest lot assigned for their permit type.
A unique email address is required for each registrant to register and access our courses.
- If this is your first time registering with us, please provide your own unique email address when registering; do not provide an email address that you share with co-workers.
- If you have previously taken classes with us and have used an email address that you share with your co-workers or supervisor, your account must be updated with a unique email address. To do this, please send an email to us at firstname.lastname@example.org stating that your email address needs to be changed and include:
- Your full name
- The shared email address that needs to be changed
- Your unique email address
- A phone number where you can be reached if we have any questions
Cancellations and Substitutions
A $35 cancellation fee applies for this course. Substitutions are permitted. View our cancellation policy.
For registration assistance, please contact our Registration Department at 848-932-9271, option 2 or email email@example.com.