Pay with Credit Card:
Pay with Check, PO, or Money Order:
Course Name: Environmentally Preferable Purchasing – How and Why?
Course Code: ER0329WA24
Date: March 28, 2024
Time: 8:30 am – 3:45 pm EDT
Format: Live, instructor-led
Registration Fee: $225.00 per person
Multi Person Discount Fee:$199.00 per person (Save when you sign up with a colleague!)
NJLWO Discount Fee: $112.50 per person (available for T, W, and VSWS license holders only)
Registration Closes: March 25, 2024 at 3:00 pm
Paying with a check, money order, or purchase order?
Payments should be made out to: Rutgers, The State University of New Jersey
Checks and money orders should be mailed to: Office of Continuing Professional Education, Attn: Registration Dept., 102 Ryders Ln, New Brunswick, NJ 08901-8519
Purchase Orders can be mailed to the address above or electronically sent to email@example.com.
Have you or your organization been told that “Environmentally Preferable Purchasing” (EPP) needs to be on your radar? EPP is defined as the purchasing of “products or services that have a lesser or reduced effect on human health and the environment when compared with competing products or services that serve the same purpose.” The concept applies across the board to raw materials, manufacturing, packaging, distribution, use, reuse, operation, maintenance, and disposal.
This one day program has been designed as a primer on the topic – from discussions about what truly is EPP, to where to start, who to talk to, and how to document your efforts. Come get a strong foundation for your plans going forward!
Who Should Attend?
This class is recommended for individuals who want to learn more about environmentally preferable purchasing and how to incorporate EPP practices into their business or organization. Past participants have included:
- Business Administrators
- Clean Communities Coordinators
- Certified Recycling Professionals
- Department of Public Works Employees
- Green Team Leaders
- Project Managers
- Sustainability Managers
- Water Treatment Operators
Meet Your Instructor
Susan Jacobucci has served in government for over twenty-five years. On the municipal level, she has been a solicitor, CFO, and Manager. On the state level, she has served as the Director of Local Government Services in the Department of Community Affairs (DCA). She has taught in the Rutgers Certified Public Manager (CPM) Program and is a frequent lecturer for various state associations. Her undergraduate degree is from the University of Pennsylvania; she has a Masters and Doctorate from Temple University and a law degree from Villanova. She is currently the Administrator for Paulsboro Borough in Gloucester County.
“[After taking this course,] I’ve gained an understanding of the importance of EPP and ways to incorporate these purchasing decisions in my work place.”
– Past Participant
Most useful aspect of the course: “Information on how we can add in certain language to bid specifications for environmental products.”
– Past Participant
“Informative, excellent examples, great background information.”
– Past Participant
Continuing Education Credits
The Environmentally Preferable Purchasing – How and Why? course is approved for 0.6 Rutgers CEUs, as well as the following credits from professional organizations.
NJ Certified Public Works Managers (CPWM): Pending
NJ Certified Recycling Professionals (CRPs): 6 Classroom recertification credits
NJ Drinking Water and Wastewater Operators: 6 TCHs (Approval #01-041901-30)
NJ Qualified Purchasing Agents (QPA): Pending
Course Requirements and Policies
This online course will be delivered via Rutgers Canvas learning management system and Zoom.
Equipment you will need to access this training:
- A laptop or desktop computer is required for this class.
- Speakers and microphone are not necessary as a call-in option is available.
Once you register with OCPE, you will receive an email from “Rutgers University Canvas” saying, “Click here to finish the registration process,” to create your new account in the Canvas Virtual Platform. If you do not see this message in your inbox, please check your junk/spam folder.
A unique email address is required for each registrant to register and access our courses.
- If this is your first time registering with us, please provide your own unique email address when registering; do not provide an email address that you share with co-workers.
- If you have previously taken classes with us and have used an email address that you share with your co-workers or supervisor, your account must be updated with a unique email address. To do this, please send an email to us at firstname.lastname@example.org stating that your email address needs to be changed and include:
- Your full name
- The shared email address that needs to be changed
- Your unique email address
- A phone number where you can be reached if we have any questions
Photo ID Requirement
Each registrant will be asked provide a photo of him/herself holding their government-issued photo ID. This is required by credit boards so that you may receive credits for participating in this online course.
- You will receive a reminder email prior to the start of the class with further instructions. Wait to receive these instructions before you attempt to upload your ID.
- The photo must be clear enough that we can read your name and verify that the person pictured on the ID is in fact the person holding it.
- After an OCPE staff member reviews the picture and verifies your identity, you will have access to participate in the course when it begins.
Cancellations and Substitutions
A $50 cancellation fee applies for this course. Substitutions are permitted. View our cancellation policy.
Program Questions? We’re Here to Help!
If you have any questions about Environmentally Preferable Purchasing – How and Why?, please don’t hesitate to reach out to us.
For registration assistance, please contact our Registration Department at 848-932-9271, option 2 or email email@example.com.