Course Status Notice – Not Scheduled
Pay with Credit Card:
Pay with Check, PO, or Money Order:
Course Name: The Ethical Organization
Course Code: EO0121WB24
Date of Most Recent Offering: February 6, 2024
Date: February 6, 2024 UPDATE THIS FOR NEW OFFERING
Time: 8:30 am – 11:45 am EST UPDATE THIS FOR NEW OFFERING
Location: Online UPDATE THIS FOR NEW OFFERING
Format: Live, instructor-led UPDATE THIS FOR NEW OFFERING
Registration Fee: $135.00 per person UPDATE THIS FOR NEW OFFERING
Multi Person Discount Fee: $99.00 per person (Save when you sign up with a colleague!) UPDATE THIS FOR NEW OFFERING
NJLWO Discount Fee: $67.50per person (available for T, W, and VSWS license holders only) UPDATE THIS FOR NEW OFFERING
Registration Closes: February 2, 2024 at 3:00pm EST UPDATE THIS FOR NEW OFFERING
Paying with a check, money order, or purchase order?
Payments should be made out to: Rutgers, The State University of New Jersey
Checks and money orders should be mailed to: Office of Continuing Professional Education, Attn: Registration Dept., 102 Ryders Ln, New Brunswick, NJ 08901-8519
Purchase Orders can be mailed to the address above or electronically sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Research shows that organizations that emphasize ethical behavior in their culture perform at a higher level than their competitors. This interactive, thought provoking, and engaging half-day program has been designed to provide a contextual framework to explore standards of ethical behavior that can be embraced at all levels of any type of organization.
PLEASE NOTE: This program is not approved for LSRP ethics credits.
- A working definition of ethical behavior – what is it?
- Unethical behavior in the news – its impacts and legacies with regard to revenue, reputation, and organizational longevity
- The challenge of maintaining high standards of ethical behavior in the workplace
- What works – tips for implementing ethical concepts in the workplace
Who Should Attend?
Anyone who is interested in exploring the topic of ethical behavior in the workplace can benefit from attending this course. Past participants have included:
- Administrative Assistants
- Building and Area Managers
- Certified Public Works Managers
- Licensed Operators
- Maintenance Directors
- Municipal Clerks
- Project Managers
- Recycling Coordinators
- Sewer Supervisors
- Township Administrators
Meet Your Instructor
Ethan Chazin, MBA
Ethan Chazin applies his experience leading teams through transformation by leveraging employee engagement to unleash people’s untapped potential for lasting organizational success. He possesses expertise in training in organizational behavior, strategic planning, new business development, client relationship building, employee engagement, team-building, leadership, and emotional intelligence to optimize worker performance.
Most useful part of the course: “Reminder of our responsibility in public service.”
– Past Participant
“Great description of what ethics is really about.”
– Past Participant
“Ethan is a very engaging facilitator and covers a large variety of topics around ethics that are thought-provoking.”
– Past Participant
Continuing Education Credits
The most recent offering of The Ethical Organization was approved for 0.3 Rutgers CEUs, as well as the following credits from professional organizations. We will reapply for similar credits the next time the course runs, but we cannot guarantee credit approval for future offerings.
NJ Certified Clean Communities Coordinators: 3 Recertification Credits
NJ Certified Public Works Managers (CPWM): 3 Ethics Contact Hours
NJ Certified Recycling Professionals (CRP): 3 Classroom Recertification Credits
NJ Drinking Water and Wastewater Operators: 3 TCHs (Approval #01-121301-30)
NJ Professional Engineers: 3 Ethics CPC Credits
Course Requirements and Policies
This online course will be delivered via Rutgers Canvas learning management system and Zoom.
Equipment you will need to access this training:
- A laptop or desktop computer is required for this class.
- Speakers and microphone are not necessary as a call-in option is available.
Once you register with OCPE, you will receive an email from “Rutgers University Canvas” saying, “Click here to finish the registration process,” to create your new account in the Canvas Virtual Platform. If you do not see this message in your inbox, please check your junk/spam folder.
A unique email address is required for each registrant to register and access our courses.
- If this is your first time registering with us, please provide your own unique email address when registering; do not provide an email address that you share with co-workers.
- If you have previously taken classes with us and have used an email address that you share with your co-workers or supervisor, your account must be updated with a unique email address. To do this, please send an email to us at email@example.com stating that your email address needs to be changed and include:
- Your full name
- The shared email address that needs to be changed
- Your unique email address
- A phone number where you can be reached if we have any questions
Photo ID Requirement
Each registrant will be asked provide a photo of him/herself holding their government-issued photo ID. This is required by credit boards so that you may receive credits for participating in this online course.
- You will receive a reminder email prior to the start of the class with further instructions. Wait to receive these instructions before you attempt to upload your ID.
- The photo must be clear enough that we can read your name and verify that the person pictured on the ID is in fact the person holding it.
- After an OCPE staff member reviews the picture and verifies your identity, you will have access to participate in the course when it begins.
Cancellations and Substitutions
A $25 cancellation fee applies for this course. Substitutions are permitted. View our cancellation policy.
For registration assistance, please contact our Registration Department at 848-932-9271, option 2 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.