Jump to: Overview | Instructor | Reviews | CE Credits | Contact Us | Related Courses | Join Email List
Pay with Credit Card:
Pay with Check, PO, or Money Order:
Course Name: Industrial Wastewater Treatment
Course Code: EO0902WA23
Date of Most Recent Offering: September 13 – December 15, 2022; Tuesday and Thursday evenings
Dates: TBD – TBD; Tuesday and Thursday evenings
Time: TBD pm – TBD pm EDT/EST
Format: Live, instructor-led
Registration Fee: $TBD per person
Registration Closes: TBD
Paying with a check, money order, or purchase order?
Payments should be made out to: Rutgers, The State University of New Jersey
Checks and money orders should be mailed to: Office of Continuing Professional Education, Attn: Registration Dept., 102 Ryders Ln, New Brunswick, NJ 08901-8519
Purchase Orders can be mailed to the address above or electronically sent to email@example.com.
If you’re planning to take the “N” licensing exam, the NJDEP requires that you complete and pass a 90-hour industrial wastewater treatment course. (See Rules and Regulations Governing the Licensing of Water Supply and Wastewater Treatment System Operators N.J.A.C. 7:10A.) This class has been designed to help you meet this requirement. It consists of 30 three-hour sessions, which meet from 6:00 to 9:00 PM on Tuesday and Thursday evenings. The class is a great review tool to give you the best chance for success on your industrial wastewater “N” licensing exam.
The class will be held online in the Canvas Learning Management system using Zoom. The first night of the class (September 13) will be an “in-person meet and greet” in New Brunswick, NJ where you can pick up your books for the course and introduce yourself to the instructors and other course attendees.
You’ll learn the theory and science behind each of the topics below, and see their real-world applications!
- Biological Treatment Regulations
- Domestic Wastes and Their Treatment
- NJDEP Rules and Regulations Governing Industrial Treatment
- Physical and Chemical Treatment Options
- Industrial Waste Characteristics and Treatment Techniques
- Math and Calculation Reviews Relating to Industrial Wastewater Operations
- Wastewater Treatment Plant Safety
- Sludge Treatment, Residuals Management, and Solids Handling
Who Should Attend?
This course is designed for anyone planning to take the industrial wastewater “N” licensing exam. Past participants have included:
- Environmental Health and Safety Specialists
- Environmental Operations Technicians
- Field Technicians
- Operators or Managers of Commercial/Industrial Manufacturing Facilities
- Plant Operations Supervisors
- Plant or Process Engineers and Scientists
- Wastewater Technicians
- Wastewater Treatment Operators
When you participate in this class, you’ll have the opportunity to network with professionals who work in a wide variety of industries, including:
- Chemical and Pharmaceutical Manufacturing
- Environmental Engineering
- Environmental Health and Safety
- Food Processing
- Machine Manufacturing
- Municipal Wastewater Treatment
- And More!
Meet Your Instructors
Robert M. Genetelli, NW Bergen County Utilities Authority
With over 30 years of experience, Robert Genetelli has vast knowledge in environmental field studies, laboratory sampling and analysis procedures, water and wastewater treatment, managerial oversight, financial management, and industrial wastewater treatment. He is a New Jersey State Licensed Operator for Water and Wastewater Treatment Facilities and the Superintendent of Northwest Bergen County Utilities Authority.
In addition, Mr. Genetelli serves as a Qualified Purchasing Agent, consultant, and adjunct professor at Rutgers University, certified Sewage Sludge Incinerator operator, Industrial Pretreatment Coordinator, and PACP certified sanitary sewer TV inspector/operator. Eager for students to succeed, Robert is engaging and excellent at simplifying technical concepts.
Jason Kiernan, SUEZ North America
Mr. Kiernan is an experienced environmental professional with 19 years in the water and wastewater management field. He is currently an Area Manager for SUEZ North America. His experience includes expertise of diverse wastewater and remediation sites, executive management of water and wastewater treatment facilities, and technical report preparation. He has extensive knowledge of New Jersey rules and regulations, as well as environment, health and safety policies and procedures. He has the following certifications and professional affiliations: S-4 Wastewater Operator, NJDEP; N-4 Industrial, NJDEP; C-4 Wastewater Collection, NJDEP; W-2 Water Distribution, NJDEP; T-2 Water Treatment Operator, NJDEP; Certified Public Works Manager, NJ; Member, American Water Works Association; Member, New Jersey Water Environment Association; and Member, Association of Environmental Authorities of New Jersey.
“The instructors are very helpful and do a great job explaining things fully.”
– Past Participant
“I’m new to the wastewater field after 30 years in refinery operations, so all of the information was very helpful in helping me to understand the ins and outs of the industry.”
– Past Participant
“Very in depth. Instructors are very knowledgeable and very interesting people.”
– Past Participant
Continuing Education Credits
The most recent offering of Industrial Wastewater Treatment was approved for the following credits from professional organizations. We will reapply for similar credits the next time the course runs, but we cannot guarantee credit approval for future offerings.
NJ Professional Engineers: 90 Continuing Professional Competency (CPC) Credits
NJ Wastewater Operators ONLY: 90 TCHs (Approval #01-060601-20)
PA Wastewater Operators ONLY: 45 Recert Hours
Course Requirements and Policies
This online course will be delivered via Rutgers Canvas learning management system and Zoom.
Equipment you will need to access this training:
- Laptop or desktop computers are required for this class.
- Speakers and microphone are not necessary as a call-in option is available.
- We HIGHLY recommend you have webcam and microphone for the Industrial Wastewater class.
Once you register with OCPE, you will receive an email from “Rutgers University Canvas” saying, “Click here to finish the registration process,” to create your new account in the Canvas Virtual Platform. If you do not see this message in your inbox, please check your junk/spam folder. The course shell will not open until a week before the start date of class. You will receive an email from Claudine Oleskin with directions and more details for the class.
A unique email address is required for each registrant to register and access our courses.
- If this is your first time registering with us, please provide your own unique email address when registering; do not provide an email address that you share with co-workers.
- If you have previously taken classes with us and have used an email address that you share with your co-workers or supervisor, your account must be updated with a unique email address. To do this, please send an email to us at firstname.lastname@example.org stating that your email address needs to be changed and include:
- Your full name
- The shared email address that needs to be changed
- Your unique email address
- A phone number where you can be reached if we have any questions
Photo ID Requirement
Each registrant will be asked provide a photo of him/herself holding their government-issued photo ID. This is required by credit boards so that you may receive credits for participating in this online course.
- You will receive a reminder email prior to the start of the class with further instructions. Wait to receive these instructions before you attempt to upload your ID.
- The photo must be clear enough that we can read your name and verify that the person pictured on the ID is in fact the person holding it.
- After an OCPE staff member reviews the picture and verifies your identity, you will have access to participate in the course when it begins.
Cancellations and Substitutions
A $150 cancellation fee applies for this course. Substitutions are permitted. View our cancellation policy.
Attention U.S. Veterans
This course is approved by the New Jersey State Approving Agency for Veterans Training for educational benefits through the GI Bill®. Learn more.
GI Bill® is a registered trademark of the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs (VA). More information about education benefits offered by VA is available at the official U.S. government website at http://www.benefits.va.gov/gibill.
Program Questions? We’re Here to Help!
If you have any questions about Industrial Wastewater Treatment, please don’t hesitate to reach out to us.
Assistant Director: Carol Broccoli
Administrative Assistant: Claudine Oleskin
For registration assistance, please contact our Registration Department at 848-932-9271, option 2 or email email@example.com.