Pay with Credit Card:
Pay with Check, PO, or Money Order:
Course Name: Expanding Your Supervisory Tool Kit
Course Code: EO0150WA24
Date: January 4, 11, 18, and 25, 2024 (Participants must attend all 4 days of class.)
Time: 8:30 am – 12:00 pm EST
Format: Live, instructor-led
Registration Fee: $485 per person
Multi-Person Discount Fee: $450 per person (Save when you sign up with a colleague!)
NJLWO Discount Fee: $242.50 per person (available for T, W, and VSWS license holders only)
Registration Closes: January 1, 2024 at 3:00 pm EST
Paying with a check, money order, or purchase order?
Payments should be made out to: Rutgers, The State University of New Jersey
Checks and money orders should be mailed to: Office of Continuing Professional Education, Attn: Registration Dept., 102 Ryders Ln, New Brunswick, NJ 08901-8519
Purchase Orders can be mailed to the address above or electronically sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.
This course has been designed for the front-line supervisor seeking to increase their understanding and application of supervisory tools which directly impact employee morale and, ultimately, productivity. This class builds on the concepts presented in our long-running two-day Management Skills for Supervisors course and will provide attendees (of all levels of experience), with useful insights and assessment tools to help them better direct their employees. This on-line course will be offered in four (4) consecutive morning sessions (8:30 am – 12:00 Noon).
Course registrants will explore and discuss practical supervisory topics including:
- Coaching and Motivating Employees
- The Strategic Decision Making and Planning Process
- Reducing Conflict in the Workplace
- Building Workplace Inclusivity
- Enhancing Employee Accountability
- Benchmarking to Upgrade Critical Operations Systems
Attendees will be encouraged to identify their unique leadership attributes. At the conclusion of the program, participants will come away with:
- Three personal characteristics that offer unique leadership assets to their organization
- Three personal characteristics that offer opportunity for future leadership skill enhancement
- Three specific “tools” to personally focus on for professional growth
Who Should Attend?
This class is a great source of information for anyone who wants to learn effective management and leadership skills for any industry or occupation, including:
- Township Administrators
- Aspiring Leaders
Meet Your Instructor
Ned served as the Director of Continuing Professional Education at Rutgers University’s New Jersey Agricultural Experiment Station for more than 35 years. He continues to work with the office as a part-time lecturer. He also is a part-time lecturer for the Rutgers School of Environmental and Biological Sciences’ Department of Agricultural, Food, and Resource Economics and has taught more than 10,000 undergraduate students and professionals since 1978. Ned enjoys his role as a frequent supplier of management instruction to the many audiences which Rutgers serves and is a frequent lecturer throughout New Jersey, presenting subjects relating to organizational leadership and marketing.
Anita is a results-driven successful leader with extensive experience in all facets of healthcare business operations including growing and leading dialysis programs throughout the US, facility construction, staff development, and operational oversight. She had directed staff of over 200 employees while managing over 17 dialysis facilities. She brings deep knowledge and expertise in building effective teams, creating positive corporate culture, and developing strategic relations. Her expertise also includes the ability to define and employ successful work structures that align clinical and business functions in partnership with all related business units.
– Past Participant
– Past Participant
– Past Participant
Continuing Education Credits
The Expanding Your Supervisory Tool Kit course is approved for 1.2 Rutgers CEUs, as well as the following credits from professional organizations.
NJ Certified Public Works Managers (CPWM): Pending
NJ Certified Recycling Professionals (CRP): 12 Classroom Recertification Credits (NOTE: no additional documentation is required when completing the credit request survey in order to receive these credits.)
NJ Drinking Water and Wastewater Operators: 12 TCHs (Approval #01-032301-30)
NJ Health Officers and Registered Environmental Health Specialists (HO/REHS): Rutgers University, NJAES, Office of Continuing Professional Education has been approved by the New Jersey Department of Health as a provider of NJ Public Health Continuing Education Contact Hours (CEs). Participants who complete this education program will be awarded 13 NJ Public Health Continuing Education Contact Hours (CEs).
Course Requirements and Policies
This online course will be delivered via Rutgers Canvas learning management system and Zoom.
Equipment you will need to access this training:
- Laptop or desktop computers are required for this class.
- A microphone is required.
Once you register with OCPE, you will receive an email from “Rutgers University Canvas” saying, “Click here to finish the registration process,” to create your new account in the Canvas Virtual Platform. If you do not see this message in your inbox, please check your junk/spam folder. The course shell will not open until a week before the start date of class. You will receive an email from Claudine Oleskin with directions and more details for the class.
A unique email address is required for each registrant to register and access our courses.
- If this is your first time registering with us, please provide your own unique email address when registering; do not provide an email address that you share with co-workers.
- If you have previously taken classes with us and have used an email address that you share with your co-workers or supervisor, your account must be updated with a unique email address. To do this, please send an email to us at email@example.com stating that your email address needs to be changed and include:
- Your full name
- The shared email address that needs to be changed
- Your unique email address
- A phone number where you can be reached if we have any questions
Photo ID Requirement
Each registrant will be asked provide a photo of him/herself holding their government-issued photo ID. This is required by credit boards so that you may receive credits for participating in this online course.
- You will receive a reminder email prior to the start of the class with further instructions. Wait to receive these instructions before you attempt to upload your ID.
- The photo must be clear enough that we can read your name and verify that the person pictured on the ID is in fact the person holding it.
- After an OCPE staff member reviews the picture and verifies your identity, you will have access to participate in the course when it begins.
Cancellations and Substitutions
A $75 cancellation fee applies for this course. Substitutions are permitted. View our cancellation policy.
For registration assistance, please contact our Registration Department at 848-932-9271, option 2 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.