Contact Carol Broccoli to Register
Course Name: The Recycling Coordinator’s Primer
Course Code: ER0112CB24
Date: January 17, 2024
Time: 8:30 am – 12:00 pm (Check-in at 8:00 am)
Location: Rutgers Campus, New Brunswick, NJ 08901
Registration Fee: $95.00 per person
Multi Person Discount Fee: $85.50 (2 or more registrants)
Recycling Series Discount Fee: $76.00 (Must complete full series)
Paying with a check, money order, or purchase order?
Payments should be made out to: Rutgers, The State University of New Jersey
Checks and money orders should be mailed to: Office of Continuing Professional Education, Attn: Registration Dept., 102 Ryders Ln, New Brunswick, NJ 08901-8519
Purchase Orders can be mailed to the address above or electronically sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.
This class is part of the NJ Recycling Certification Series.
This course serves as an introduction to recycling in New Jersey – and to the Recycling Certification Series as a whole.
- Rules and regulations governing and regulating recycling (and solid waste) in New Jersey, including the latest updates
- Fundamental duties of recycling coordinators and others involved in recycling programs
Who Should Attend?
If you are completing the NJ Recycling Certification Program in order to become a Certified Recycling Professional, you must take this course. Current Certified Recycling Professionals and Certified Public Works Managers can also take this course to earn recertification credits.
Meet Your Instructor
Mr. D’Altilio has over 36 years of government experience serving as Ridgefield, NJ Councilperson, Chairman of the Police Committee, Environmental Commissioner, Essex County Solid Waste Advisory Council (SWAC) Chairman, Asst. Director of Public Works, Sanitation Superintendent and Recycling Coordinator, Chairman of NJDEP Reinvigorating Recycling Government Workgroup, and a participant in the Modernization Evaluation of the NJDEP Solid and Hazardous Waste Management Program. He is the author of “The Recycling Coordinator’s Primer.” He served for 14 years as the President of the Association of New Jersey Recyclers (ANJR) and is now a Board Member. He is the recipient of the New Jersey Department of Environmental Protection & Energy – Outstanding Achievement in Recycling (1992), Association of New Jersey Recyclers – President’s Award (1994), and Association of New Jersey Recyclers – Recycling Excellence Award (2001), among many other honors.
“Great high-level overview of recycling history and regulations.”
– Past Participant
Most useful aspect of the course: “Learning about the role/responsibilities of a Recycling Coordinator and recycling collection in general.”
– Past Participant
“The course opened my eyes to how much work goes into recycling.”
– Past Participant
Continuing Education Credits
The Recycling Coordinator’s Primer is approved for 0.3 Rutgers CEUs, as well as the following credits from professional organizations.
NJ Certified Public Works Managers (CPWM): 3 Technical Contact Hours
NJ Certified Recycling Professionals (CRP): 3 Classroom Recertification Credits
Continental breakfast will be provided to you at no additional cost.
NOTE: If you have any dietary restrictions or food allergies, please alert us at least one (1) week in advance of the course start date so that we can make reasonable accommodations. We cannot guarantee accommodations for special requests made after that time.
Course Requirements and Policies
Campus Parking Policy
All visitors must register their vehicles ONLINE to park on campus. Please follow the guidelines below. Failure to comply with these policies may result in a citation.
- A link to register your vehicle will be provided in your course confirmation email. Please be sure to complete this important step prior to traveling to campus.
- When you park on campus, be sure that your license plate is unobstructed and visible from the driving aisle.
- All Rutgers faculty/staff/students must use their regular Rutgers permit and park in the nearest lot assigned for their permit type.
A unique email address is required for each registrant to register and access our courses.
- If this is your first time registering with us, please provide your own unique email address when registering; do not provide an email address that you share with co-workers.
- If you have previously taken classes with us and have used an email address that you share with your co-workers or supervisor, your account must be updated with a unique email address. To do this, please send an email to us at email@example.com stating that your email address needs to be changed and include:
- Your full name
- The shared email address that needs to be changed
- Your unique email address
- A phone number where you can be reached if we have any questions
Cancellations and Substitutions
A $25 cancellation fee applies for this course. Substitutions are permitted. View our cancellation policy.
Program Questions? We’re Here to Help!
If you have any questions about The Recycling Coordinator’s Primer, please don’t hesitate to reach out to us.
Assistant Director: Carol Broccoli
Administrative Assistant: Claudine Oleskin
For registration assistance, please contact our Registration Department at 848-932-9271, option 2 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.