Course Status: Not Currently Scheduled
Pay with Credit Card:
Pay with Check, PO, or Money Order:
Course Name: Radon Measurement Proficiency Classroom Course
Course Code: EA0203CC20
Format: Classroom course
Registration Fee: TBD
Multi Person Discount Fee: TBD (Save when you sign up with a colleague!)
Registration Closes: TBD
Paying with a check, money order, or purchase order?
Payments should be made out to: Rutgers, The State University of New Jersey
Checks and money orders should be mailed to: Office of Continuing Professional Education, Attn: Registration Dept., 102 Ryders Ln, New Brunswick, NJ 08901-8519
Purchase Orders can be mailed to the address above or electronically sent to email@example.com.
From radon science basics to certification test preparation, our Radon Measurement Proficiency course is your best introduction to the why, how, and when of measuring radon gas. In addition to learning the science of radon, this course will prepare you to sit for national (NRSB) or NJ state radon measurement certification programs.
In this 2-day radon measurement training class, you will learn:
- About selection, placement, and set up/operation of radon measurement devices
- How to calculate radon levels and conduct quality assurance tests to ensure accurate results
- How to make mitigation referrals for your customers if radon exceeds dangerous levels
- Radioactive Decay
- Types of Radiation
- Health Risks Associated with Radon
- How Radon Enters and Moves Through Buildings
- Radon Measurement Devices
Who Should Attend?
Anyone who wants to learn about the field of radon measurement and prepare for a radon measurement certification exam can benefit from taking this course. Past attendees have included:
- Building and Grounds Managers
- Building Inspectors
- Construction Foremen
- Environmental Consultants
- Environmental Health Professionals
- Environmental Scientists
- Environmental Technicians
- Home Inspectors
- Lab Analysts and Assistants
- Radiation Protection Specialists
- Radon Technicians and Measurement Professionals
- Realtors and Real Estate Brokers
Don’t Just Measure Radon, Learn How to Mitigate Dangerous Radon Levels!
Expand your skill set even further by learning how to design and install radon mitigation systems to correct dangerous radon levels. After taking the Radon Measurement Proficiency Course, attend our Radon Mitigation Proficiency Course.
Radon Measurement Certification Exam
This Radon Measurement Proficiency Course does not include a certification exam. To learn more about the radon certification options available to you after taking this course, visit our Radon Resource Center.
It is important that you check your state’s local regulations for certification requirements. Most states accept national certification, while other states (like New Jersey) require state certifications. Be sure to contact your state radon office for local certification requirements.
Meet Your Instructor
Harry Grafton, Environmental Consultations
Harry Grafton is the owner of Environmental Consultations in Columbus, Ohio and has over 20 years of experience in the field of radon testing. Harry provides a variety of licensed environmental testing services, consulting services, and instruction on the topics of radon gas, lead based paint, mold, and general indoor air quality. He has experience as a local public health official and developed one of the most effective public radon awareness, measurement, and mitigation programs in the U.S. Harry is a member of the American Association of Radon Scientists and Technologists (AARST) and is an Ohio licensed radon mitigation specialist.
“[This class covered] everything a radon measurement professional should know.”
– Past Participant
On instructor Harry Grafton: “Provided excellent examples; I would say this is added value and one of the reasons why I chose Rutgers.”
– Past Participant
“Information on health effects can be used to help people understand why they need radon testing.”
– Past Participant
Continuing Education Credits
The most recent offering of the Radon Measurement Proficiency Classroom Course was approved for the following credits from professional organizations. We will reapply for similar credits the next time the course runs, but we cannot guarantee credit approval for future offerings.
National Radon Proficiency Program (NRPP): 16 credit hours
National Radon Safety Board (NRSB): 16 credit hours
International Association of Certified Home Inspectors (InterNACHI): 16 credit hours
Course Requirements and Policies
This online course will be delivered via Zoom. Registrants will receive more information as we move closer to the course date. On June 13, 2022, they will receive an email with a link to access the course.
Please log into class at 8:00AM (30 minutes before start time) for a brief overview of the online format. The course will start promptly at 8:30AM.
Equipment you will need to access this training:
- Laptop or desktop computers are required for this class.
- Speakers and microphone are not necessary as a call-in option is available.
A unique email address is required for each registrant to register and access our courses.
- If this is your first time registering with us, please provide your own unique email address when registering; do not provide an email address that you share with co-workers.
- If you have previously taken classes with us and have used an email address that you share with your co-workers or supervisor, your account must be updated with a unique email address. To do this, please send an email to us at firstname.lastname@example.org stating that your email address needs to be changed and include:
- Your full name
- The shared email address that needs to be changed
- Your unique email address
- A phone number where you can be reached if we have any questions
Photo ID Requirement
Each registrant will be asked provide a photo of him/herself holding their government-issued photo ID. This is required by credit boards so that you may receive credits for participating in this online course.
- You will receive a reminder email prior to the start of the class with further instructions. Wait to receive these instructions before you attempt to upload your ID.
- The photo must be clear enough that we can read your name and verify that the person pictured on the ID is in fact the person holding it.
- After an OCPE staff member reviews the picture and verifies your identity, you will have access to participate in the course when it begins.
Cancellations and Substitutions
A $100 cancellation fee applies for this course. Substitutions are permitted. View our cancellation policy.
Attention U.S. Veterans
This course is approved by the New Jersey State Approving Agency for Veterans Training for educational benefits through the GI Bill®. Learn more.
GI Bill® is a registered trademark of the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs (VA). More information about education benefits offered by VA is available at the official U.S. government website at http://www.benefits.va.gov/gibill.
Program Questions? We’re Here to Help!
If you have any questions about the Radon Measurement Proficiency Classroom Course, please don’t hesitate to reach out to us.
Program Coordinator: Joe Canzano
For registration assistance, please contact our Registration Department at 848-932-9271, option 2 or email email@example.com.