Lunch and Learn Series
Pay with Credit Card:
Pay with Check, PO, or Money Order:
Course Name: Communicating in a Diverse Environment
Course Code: BC0346WA24
Date of Most Recent Offering: July 12, 2023
Date: July 12, 2023
Time: 1:00 pm – 2:00 pm EDT (Log in at 12:50 pm)
Format: Live, instructor-led
Registration Fee: $50 per person
Registration Closes: July 11, 2023
Paying with a check, money order, or purchase order?
Payments should be made out to: Rutgers, The State University of New Jersey
Checks and money orders should be mailed to: Office of Continuing Professional Education, Attn: Registration Dept., 102 Ryders Ln, New Brunswick, NJ 08901-8519
Purchase Orders can be mailed to the address above or electronically sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.
One of the biggest blocks to intercultural communication occurs when our unconscious biases get in the way of healthy interactions with others. Oftentimes, when we interact with someone who thinks or behaves differently from ourselves, emotions such as irritation, frustration, and anger can take over.
In the online “Communicating in a Diverse Environment” course, part of the Rutgers OCPE Lunch and Learn Series, popular instructor Lacey Alexander will guide participants through the twelve domains of culture, expanding their perspective and helping them develop new tools for building understanding and community among culturally diverse groups.
In just one hour, discover practical tools to assist in boosting your ability to communicate, relate, and negotiate in order to gain influence to create collaborative environments.
Meet Your Instructor
Lacey Alexander has 21 years of experience leading multinational and multi-cultural teams in several countries around the globe, to include: Japan, Germany, Afghanistan, and Italy. She is an ICF-certified coach, consultant, and leadership development curriculum designer and trainer with a passion for personal and professional development, and helping individuals and organizations succeed. She also has several roles in executive coaching, writing curriculum, instructional design, and teaching courses in partnership with organizations such as Rutgers University, Sayge, Resilience Building Leader Program (RBLP), Freedom Learning Group and the United States Air Force Ira C. Eaker Center for Leadership Development.
Continuing Education Credits
The most recent offering of this course was approved for 0.1 Rutgers CEUs.
Course Requirements and Policies
This online course will be delivered via Zoom. Registrants will receive a link to access the course by 4:00 pm EDT on July 11, 2023.
On July 12, please log into class at 12:50 pm (10 minutes before the start time). The course will start promptly at 1:00 pm EDT.
Equipment you will need to access this training:
- A laptop or desktop computer or a tablet or smartphone that can support Zoom
- Cameras are not required, but are recommended for class participation and engagement
- Speakers and microphone are not necessary but highly recommended; a call in option is also available
A unique email address is required for each registrant to register and access our courses.
- If this is your first time registering with us, please provide your own unique email address when registering; do not provide an email address that you share with co-workers.
- If you have previously taken classes with us and have used an email address that you share with your co-workers or supervisor, your account must be updated with a unique email address. To do this, please send an email to us at email@example.com stating that your email address needs to be changed and include:
- Your full name
- The shared email address that needs to be changed
- Your unique email address
- A phone number where you can be reached if we have any questions
Cancellations and Substitutions
There are no refunds for this program. If you are unable to attend, you may send another person to attend in your place with no penalty.
Program Questions? We’re Here to Help!
If you have any questions about this course, please don’t hesitate to reach out to us.
Program Coordinator: Jill Sullivan
For registration assistance, please contact our Registration Department at 848-932-9271, option 2 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.