Pay with Credit Card:
Pay with Check, PO, or Money Order:
Course Name: Introduction to Project Management
Course Code: BL0203WB24
Date: November 2 & 9, 2023
Time: 8:30 am – 12:30 pm EDT/EST (Log-in time: 8:20 am EDT/EST)
Format: Live, instructor-led
Registration Fee: $345 per person
Rutgers Discount Fee: $320 per person (offered to all Rutgers faculty, staff, students, and alumni)
Registration Closes: November 1, 2023
Paying with a check, money order, or purchase order?
Payments should be made out to: Rutgers, The State University of New Jersey
Checks and money orders should be mailed to: Office of Continuing Professional Education, Attn: Registration Dept., 102 Ryders Ln, New Brunswick, NJ 08901-8519
Purchase Orders can be mailed to the address above or electronically sent to email@example.com.
*PMP and PMI are registered marks of the Project Management Institute, Inc.
Are you new to Project Management? Have you been given a project to manage, but have no idea where to start? We’re here to help!
Project Managers (PM) must use hard and soft skills to coordinate interactions among cross-functional team members and other stakeholders to:
- Initiate a project.
- Define the project’s scope and estimate other objectives (e.g., time, cost, resources, quality, risks).
- Organize, prepare, and integrate the project’s work, and track tasks and deliverables.
- Monitor and control project work, manage changes, and conduct lessons learned.
- Engage stakeholders, including organizational leadership.
- Close the project upon completion and acceptance of final deliverables.
This interactive workshop, presented in two four-hour sessions, will provide you with an entry-level overview of the general project management process, grounded in the practices of the Project Management Institute® (PMI). It will also define the PM’s role and responsibilities throughout the process, with practical tips along the way. Scenarios are presented for the audience to brainstorm ways to address real-world project challenges. Register today and start your PM journey!
Who Should Attend?
This course is designed for individuals who are new to project management and seeking formal training to enhance their effectiveness in their project management roles.
Meet Your Instructor
Claudia Campbell-Matland is a certified Project Management Professional (PMP®) who loves project management and hopes you will too after taking one of her classes! As a project manager in the medical device industry for more than 30 years, she has managed a variety of business-critical projects and programs such as new product development, product acquisitions, functional department integrations, and remediation of Quality System/Regulatory audit deficiencies. Claudia makes her classes interactive, with skills learned as a conference speaker and sales / customer trainer, and endeavors to bring PM practices to life with actionable tips from her professional experience. Claudia is also an active volunteer in PMI’s NJ Chapter. Her certifications include Project Management Professional (PMP®) and medical device Quality System internal auditor. She holds an M.S. degree in Microbiology from Rutgers University.
“Very engaging training. I learned a lot and will certainly be able to use this information going forward.”
– Past Participant
“The basic principles of project management are something new I learned, and I can use most aspects of them in my current position. Working in the breakout rooms to work through the steps was useful because we were able to practice utilizing the skills we learned with a real example.”
– Past Participant
“Project Management is a must for any professional because we [all] manage something in our daily work to some capacity. I believe that if more employers invested in the training, they would have more successful organizations, employees, etc.”
– Past Participant
Continuing Education Credits
The 8 hour Introduction to Project Management course is approved for 0.8 Rutgers CEUs.
Course Requirements and Policies
This online course will be delivered via Zoom real time and in two sessions:
- Part 1: Thursday, November 2, 2023 | 8:30 am – 12:30 pm EDT
- Part 2: Thursday, November 9, 2023 | 8:30 am – 12:30 pm EST
An email with the Zoom link and login information to access the course will be sent to registrants on November 1, 2023.
Equipment you will need to access this training:
- A laptop, desktop, tablet, or smartphone that will support Zoom.
- Cameras are not required, but are strongly recommended for class participation and engagement.
- Speakers and microphone are not necessary but highly recommended; a call in option is also available.
A unique email address is required for each registrant to register and access our courses.
- If this is your first time registering with us, please provide your own unique email address when registering; do not provide an email address that you share with co-workers.
- If you have previously taken classes with us and have used an email address that you share with your co-workers or supervisor, your account must be updated with a unique email address. To do this, please send an email to us at firstname.lastname@example.org stating that your email address needs to be changed and include:
- Your full name
- The shared email address that needs to be changed
- Your unique email address
- A phone number where you can be reached if we have any questions
Cancellations and Substitutions
A $75 cancellation fee applies for this course. No cancellations are allowed after October 15, 2023. Substitutions are permitted.
Program Questions? We’re Here to Help!
If you have any questions about Introduction to Project Management, please don’t hesitate to reach out to us.
Program Coordinator: Marianne Bennett
For registration assistance, please contact our Registration Department at 848-932-9271, option 2 or email email@example.com.