Course Status: Not Currently Scheduled
The next offering of this course is tentatively planned for Fall 2023. Please join our email list to be notified when the next offering is scheduled!
Jump to: Overview | Instructor | Reviews | CE Credits | Contact Us | Related Courses | Join Email List
Pay with Credit Card:
Pay with Check, PO, or Money Order:
Course Name: Emergency Pesticide Recertification – ½ Day Class in 3A
Course Code: AL0414CA23
Date of Most Recent Offering: October 21, 2022
Time: TBD am – TBD pm (Check-in time: TBD am)
Location: Bioresource Engineering Laboratory (formerly ECC), 18 Ag Extension Way, New Brunswick, NJ 08901 (Directions & Map)
Format: In person classroom course
Registration Fee: $TBD per person
Early Bird Discount Fee: $TBD per person (expires TBD)
Registration Closes: TBD
Paying with a check, money order, or purchase order?
Payments should be made out to: Rutgers, The State University of New Jersey
Checks and money orders should be mailed to: Office of Continuing Professional Education, Attn: Registration Dept., 102 Ryders Ln, New Brunswick, NJ 08901-8519
Purchase Orders can be mailed to the address above or electronically sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.
This 3-hour class will provide you with 3A pesticide credits just in time for the New Jersey license renewal deadline of October 31st. Instructor Bruce Neary will supply the energy and the expertise.
- Insects of Ornamental Plants
- Diseases of Ornamental Plants
- Abiotic Disorders of Ornamentals
Who Should Attend?
This class is valuable for anyone who needs 3A pesticide recertification credits and wants to learn more about managing ornamental plant insects and diseases. Past participants have included:
- Golf Course Managers
- Horticultural Foremen
- Pesticide Applicators
- School Grounds Workers
Meet Your Instructor
Bruce Neary, BCN Horticultural Services
Bruce Neary is the owner of BCN Horticultural Services, where he has provided consulting services to landscape architects, contractors, developers, garden centers, nurseries, educators, and the public since 1994. Regarded as an industry expert, Bruce has written several articles for The Landscape Publication, Grounds Maintenance Magazine, and the American Nurseryman. Likewise, he has been a horticultural lecturer at Barlow Flower Farm and for other landscape organizations for over 30 years. Bruce is a member of the Pennsylvania and American Horticultural Societies, Metro Hort Group, and Perennial Plant Association. He received his bachelor’s degree in Agronomy from Rutgers University and his Masters of Agriculture in Horticultural Sciences from Texas A&M.
I learned: “How to ID different diseases in the garden.”
– Past Participant
“It was full of learning that I would not get normally; class was taught very well.”
– Past Participant
“Good pace; great information with photos.”
– Past Participant
Continuing Education Credits
The most recent offering of Emergency Pesticide Recertification – ½ Day Class in 3A was approved for the following credits from professional organizations. We will reapply for similar credits the next time the course runs, but we cannot guarantee credit approval for future offerings.
NJ / CT Pesticide Applicators: 5 units in 3A, 8C, and PP2
PA Pesticide Applicators: 5 credits in PC, 06, 18, and 23
DE, NY, MD, and MA Pesticide Applicators: If you need pesticide credits in these states, you must register and notify Joe Canzano at least 45 days before the course start date. Call 848-932-7317 or send an email to email@example.com.
No meals will be provided at this course.
Course Requirements and Policies
COVID-19 Mask & Vaccination Policies for Face-to-Face Classes
Registrants attending OCPE events are not currently required to wear face masks or provide proof of vaccination.
To continue to protect yourself and others:
- Masks are welcome.
- If you have symptoms, testing is encouraged.
- If you feel unwell, please recover at home. Contact us to cancel your registration at 848-932-9271, option 2 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Pre-registration is required. We’re sorry, but we cannot guarantee a seat, materials, or meals for walk-in registrants.
Location is subject to change; registrants will be notified in the event of a change.
Campus Parking Policy
All visitors must register their vehicles ONLINE to park on campus. Please follow the guidelines below. Failure to comply with these policies may result in a citation.
- A link will be provided in your course registration confirmation email. Please be sure to complete this important step prior to traveling to campus.
- When you park on campus, be sure that your license plate is unobstructed and visible from the driving aisle.
- All Rutgers faculty/staff/students must use their regular Rutgers permit and park in the nearest lot assigned for their permit type.
A unique email address is required for each registrant to register and access our courses.
- If this is your first time registering with us, please provide your own unique email address when registering; do not provide an email address that you share with co-workers.
- If you have previously taken classes with us and have used an email address that you share with your co-workers or supervisor, your account must be updated with a unique email address. To do this, please send an email to us at email@example.com stating that your email address needs to be changed and include:
- Your full name
- The shared email address that needs to be changed
- Your unique email address
- A phone number where you can be reached if we have any questions
Cancellations and Substitutions
A $35 cancellation fee applies for this course. Substitutions are permitted. View our cancellation policy.
Program Questions? We’re Here to Help!
If you have any questions about Emergency Pesticide Recertification – ½ Day Class in 3A, please don’t hesitate to reach out to us.
Program Coordinator: Joe Canzano
For registration assistance, please contact our Registration Department at 848-932-9271, option 2 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.