Course Status: Not Currently Scheduled
The next offering of this course is tentatively planned for March 2024. Please join our email list to be notified when registration opens!
Jump to: Overview | Instructor | Reviews | CE Credits | Contact Us | Related Courses | Join Email List
Pay with Credit Card:
Pay with Check, PO, or Money Order:
Course Name: Park Liability and Park Plants
Course Code: AL0904WA23
Date of Most Recent Offering: March 9, 2023
Time: TBD am – TBD pm EST (Log in time: TBD am EST)
Format: Live, instructor-led
Registration Fee: $TBD per person
Early Bird Discount Fee: $TBD per person (expires TBD)
Registration Closes: TBD
Paying with a check, money order, or purchase order?
Payments should be made out to: Rutgers, The State University of New Jersey
Checks and money orders should be mailed to: Office of Continuing Professional Education, Attn: Registration Dept., 102 Ryders Ln, New Brunswick, NJ 08901-8519
Purchase Orders can be mailed to the address above or electronically sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.
This class is part of the Public Grounds Management Certificate Program.
In this online class, sports field expert Scott Bills will discuss your responsibilities, your liability, and how to stay out of the courtroom – also, the best way to be prepared should you end up in litigation. Later, horticulturist Steve Kristoph will discuss some of the best plants that can be used in a park setting as well as some of the ones to avoid.
Who Should Attend?
This class is intended for professionals who work in parks and related settings.
Meet Your Instructors
Scott Bills, Sports Field Solutions, LLC
Bio coming soon!
Steve Kristoph, Steven Kristoph Nursery
Steve Kristoph is widely known for his encyclopedic knowledge of plant material. He received his Bachelors and Masters degrees in horticulture from Rutgers University, and he has been an adjunct instructor at Rutgers for over 25 years. He also owns and operates Steven Kristoph Nursery in Monmouth County, NJ, where he grows many types of ornamental trees, shrubs and herbaceous perennials. The landscaping division of his business, P. Steven Kristoph Garden Design, serves both residential and commercial customers and offers a full range of services, including design, installation, maintenance and seasonal color. Steve is passionate about plants and enjoys sharing his passion with others.
– Past Participant
– Past Participant
– Past Participant
Continuing Education Credits
The most recent offering of Park Liability and Park Plants was approved for the following credits from professional organizations. We will reapply for similar credits the next time the course runs, but we cannot guarantee credit approval for future offerings.
NJ Certified Public Works Managers (CPWM): 3 Management and 3.5 Technical CEUs (DLGS Course #16396)
Course Requirements and Policies
This online course will be delivered via Zoom. Registration will close on March 7, 2023. On March 8, registrants will receive an email with a link to access the course. On March 9, please log in to Zoom 30 minutes before start time for a brief overview of the online format. The course will start promptly at 9:00 am EST.
Equipment you will need to access this training:
- A computer, tablet, or smartphone
- Microphone is necessary if you’d like to ask questions
- Webcam is optional but not necessary
- Speaker is optional but not necessary (you will be able to listen to the presentation by dialing in on your phone if your computer does not have a speaker)
A unique email address is required for each registrant to register and access our courses.
- If this is your first time registering with us, please provide your own unique email address when registering; do not provide an email address that you share with co-workers.
- If you have previously taken classes with us and have used an email address that you share with your co-workers or supervisor, your account must be updated with a unique email address. To do this, please send an email to us at email@example.com stating that your email address needs to be changed and include:
- Your full name
- The shared email address that needs to be changed
- Your unique email address
- A phone number where you can be reached if we have any questions
Photo ID Requirement
Each registrant will be asked provide a photo of him/herself holding their government-issued photo ID. This is required by credit boards so that you may receive credits for participating in this online course.
- You will receive a reminder email prior to the start of the class with further instructions. Wait to receive these instructions before you attempt to upload your ID.
- The photo must be clear enough that we can read your name and verify that the person pictured on the ID is in fact the person holding it.
- After an OCPE staff member reviews the picture and verifies your identity, you will have access to participate in the course when it begins.
Cancellations and Substitutions
A $35 cancellation fee applies for this course. Substitutions are permitted. View our cancellation policy.
Program Questions? We’re Here to Help!
If you have any questions about Park Liability and Park Plants, please don’t hesitate to reach out to us.
Program Coordinator: Joe Canzano
For registration assistance, please contact our Registration Department at 848-932-9271, option 2 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.