Course Status Notice – Not Scheduled
Pay with Credit Card:
Pay with Check, PO, or Money Order:
Course Name: Large Tree Climbing and Rigging
Course Code: AL0802WA22
Date: April 25 & 26, 2022
Time: 9:00 am – 3:30 pm (Check-in time: 8:30 am)
Location: Bioresource Engineering Laboratory (formerly ECC), 18 Ag Extension Way, New Brunswick, NJ 08901 (Directions & Map)
Format: Classroom course with field demonstrations
Registration Fee: TBD
Multi Person Discount Fee: TBD (save when you sign up with a colleague!)
Registration Closes: TBD
Paying with a check, money order, or purchase order?
Payments should be made out to: Rutgers, The State University of New Jersey
Checks and money orders should be mailed to: Office of Continuing Professional Education, Attn: Registration Dept., 102 Ryders Ln, New Brunswick, NJ 08901-8519
Purchase Orders can be mailed to the address above or electronically sent to email@example.com.
In this two-day class, Licensed Tree Expert Steve Chisholm and his brother, Mark Chisholm, a three-time World Tree Climbing Champion and 19-time New Jersey State Tree Climbing Champion, will combine classroom lectures with field demonstrations of climbing and rigging. You’ll learn techniques and tips to increase your productivity while maintaining the high level of safety that makes a great arborist.
NOTE: You will not climb trees in this class. You will watch, learn, and have the opportunity to consult with two world-class experts in their field.
Who Should Attend?
This class is a great source of information for anyone who wants to learn how to safely climb trees. Past participants have included:
- Landscape Professionals
- Licensed Tree Experts and Tree Care Operators (LTE/LTCO)
- Parks Supervisors and Grounds Crew
- Public Works Supervisors and Crew
- Shade Tree Commissioners
- Tree Climbers
- Tree/Plant Care Nursery Professionals
Catch a glimpse into the field demonstration portions of the Large Tree Climbing and Rigging course to see how the course is taught and what types of skills are covered.
Meet Your Instructors
Mark Chisholm, Aspen Tree Expert Co.
Three-time World Champion and 19-time New Jersey State Tree Climbing Champion joins his brother Steve to guide you through this comprehensive two-day course. Read more about Mark Chisholm in our article, Tree Climbing Champion with Rutgers Roots Comes Full Circle!
Steve Chisholm, Aspen Tree Expert Co.
Steve Chisholm is the President of Aspen Tree Expert Co., Inc., a New Jersey Licensed Tree Expert, and ISA Certified Arborist. He is ready to share his top-rated wealth of knowledge and years of arboriculture experience with you in this course.
“This class was great! I’m afraid to say that I learned of all the things I’ve been doing wrong. Thanks to this class, I will be safer, more efficient, and quicker. This is one of the best classes I have ever taken, well worth the 6 hour drive! Thank you!”
– Past Participant
“Both Steve and Mark are very knowledgeable in their area and easy to listen to and understand. They go over everything you want.”
– Past Participant
“Very informational in all areas of taking down tree, rigging, and equipment to use.”
– Past Participant
Continuing Education Credits
The most recent offering of Large Tree Climbing and Rigging was approved for the following credits from professional organizations. We will reapply for similar credits the next time the course runs, but we cannot guarantee credit approval for future offerings.
NJ Certified Public Works Managers (CPWM): 6 Technical Contact Hours
NJ Licensed Tree Experts (LTE/LTCO): 12 CEUs
NJ Urban and Community Forestry (NJUCF): 11.5 CEUs
International Society of Arboriculture (ISA): Certified Arborist: 12; TW Climber Specialist: 12; Utility Specialist: 6; BCMA – Practice: 12; TW Aerial Lift Specialist: 12
Course Requirements and Policies
This online course will be delivered via Zoom. Registrants will receive more information as we move closer to the course date. On June 13, 2022, they will receive an email with a link to access the course.
Please log into class at 8:00AM (30 minutes before start time) for a brief overview of the online format. The course will start promptly at 8:30AM.
Equipment you will need to access this training:
- Laptop or desktop computers are required for this class.
- Speakers and microphone are not necessary as a call-in option is available.
A unique email address is required for each registrant to register and access our courses.
- If this is your first time registering with us, please provide your own unique email address when registering; do not provide an email address that you share with co-workers.
- If you have previously taken classes with us and have used an email address that you share with your co-workers or supervisor, your account must be updated with a unique email address. To do this, please send an email to us at firstname.lastname@example.org stating that your email address needs to be changed and include:
- Your full name
- The shared email address that needs to be changed
- Your unique email address
- A phone number where you can be reached if we have any questions
Photo ID Requirement
Each registrant will be asked provide a photo of him/herself holding their government-issued photo ID. This is required by credit boards so that you may receive credits for participating in this online course.
- You will receive a reminder email prior to the start of the class with further instructions. Wait to receive these instructions before you attempt to upload your ID.
- The photo must be clear enough that we can read your name and verify that the person pictured on the ID is in fact the person holding it.
- After an OCPE staff member reviews the picture and verifies your identity, you will have access to participate in the course when it begins.
Cancellations and Substitutions
A $100 cancellation fee applies for this course. Substitutions are permitted. View our cancellation policy.
Attention U.S. Veterans
This course is approved by the New Jersey State Approving Agency for Veterans Training for educational benefits through the GI Bill®. Learn more.
GI Bill® is a registered trademark of the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs (VA). More information about education benefits offered by VA is available at the official U.S. government website at http://www.benefits.va.gov/gibill.
Program Questions? We’re Here to Help!
If you have any questions about Large Tree Climbing and Rigging, please don’t hesitate to reach out to us.
Program Coordinator: Joe Canzano
For registration assistance, please contact our Registration Department at 848-932-9271, option 2 or email email@example.com.