Course Status Notice – Not Scheduled
Pay with Credit Card:
Pay with Check, PO, or Money Order:
Course Name: Greenhouse Crop Production
Course Code: AC0501CA20
Date: December 6, 7, 13, and 14, 2021
Time: 9:00 am – 12:00 pm EST (Log-in time: 8:30 am)
Format: Live, instructor-led
Registration Fee: TBD
Multi Person Discount Fee: TBD (save when you sign up with a colleague!)
Registration Closes: TBD
Paying with a check, money order, or purchase order?
Payments should be made out to: Rutgers, The State University of New Jersey
Checks and money orders should be mailed to: Office of Continuing Professional Education, Attn: Registration Dept., 102 Ryders Ln, New Brunswick, NJ 08901-8519
Purchase Orders can be mailed to the address above or electronically sent to email@example.com.
Start your own greenhouse! People consider starting a greenhouse for a variety of reasons, and greenhouse farming provides a way to grow year-round. However, managing the production system and its environment requires extended knowledge and constant attention to detail. This two-day short course is designed to introduce beginners to greenhouse crop production.
NOTE: This is a two-day course. The second day will take place at different local greenhouses, giving students the opportunity to view and compare different greenhouse operations. Students will need to drive themselves to the greenhouse locations.
- Controlled Environment Crop Production
- Plant Pests
- Plant Diseases
- Plant Nutrition
- Food Safety
- Plant Lighting
- Round Table Discussion
- And More!
Who Should Attend?
This class is a great source of information for anyone who wants to learn more about soil science and how it affects plant growth. Past participants have included:
- Department of Public Works Employees
- Grounds Maintenance Workers
- Horticulture Technicians
- Park Maintenance Workers
Meet Your Instructors
More information coming soon!
– Past Participant
– Past Participant
– Past Participant
Continuing Education Credits
The most recent offering of Greenhouse Crop Production was approved for the following credits from professional organizations. We will reapply for similar credits the next time the course runs, but we cannot guarantee credit approval for future offerings.
MD Pesticide Applicators: Pending
NJ / CT Pesticide Applicators: Pending
PA Pesticide Applicators: Pending
Course Requirements and Policies
This online course will be delivered via Zoom. Registrants will receive more information as we move closer to the course date. On June 13, 2022, they will receive an email with a link to access the course.
Please log into class at 8:00AM (30 minutes before start time) for a brief overview of the online format. The course will start promptly at 8:30AM.
Equipment you will need to access this training:
- Laptop or desktop computers are required for this class.
- Speakers and microphone are not necessary as a call-in option is available.
A unique email address is required for each registrant to register and access our courses.
- If this is your first time registering with us, please provide your own unique email address when registering; do not provide an email address that you share with co-workers.
- If you have previously taken classes with us and have used an email address that you share with your co-workers or supervisor, your account must be updated with a unique email address. To do this, please send an email to us at firstname.lastname@example.org stating that your email address needs to be changed and include:
- Your full name
- The shared email address that needs to be changed
- Your unique email address
- A phone number where you can be reached if we have any questions
Photo ID Requirement
Each registrant will be asked provide a photo of him/herself holding their government-issued photo ID. This is required by credit boards so that you may receive credits for participating in this online course.
- You will receive a reminder email prior to the start of the class with further instructions. Wait to receive these instructions before you attempt to upload your ID.
- The photo must be clear enough that we can read your name and verify that the person pictured on the ID is in fact the person holding it.
- After an OCPE staff member reviews the picture and verifies your identity, you will have access to participate in the course when it begins.
Cancellations and Substitutions
A $100 cancellation fee applies for this course. Substitutions are permitted. View our cancellation policy.
Program Questions? We’re Here to Help!
If you have any questions about Greenhouse Crop Production, please don’t hesitate to reach out to us.
Program Coordinator: Joe Canzano
For registration assistance, please contact our Registration Department at 848-932-9271, option 2 or email email@example.com.