Course Status Notice – Not Scheduled
Pay with Credit Card:
Pay with Check, PO, or Money Order:
Course Name: Sub Slab Depressurization for Vapor Mitigation
Course Code: EN0523WA23
Date of Most Recent Offering: February 27 & 28, 2023
Time: TBD am – TBD pm EST/EDT (Log-in time: TBD am EST/EDT)
Format: Live, instructor-led
Registration Fee: $TBD per person
Multi Person Discount Fee: $TBD per person (Save when you sign up with a colleague!)
Registration Closes: TBD
Paying with a check, money order, or purchase order?
Payments should be made out to: Rutgers, The State University of New Jersey
Checks and money orders should be mailed to: Office of Continuing Professional Education, Attn: Registration Dept., 102 Ryders Ln, New Brunswick, NJ 08901-8519
Purchase Orders can be mailed to the address above or electronically sent to email@example.com.
This online program (formerly named Principles of Vapor Mitigation Design and Installation) has been revised with new material and new case studies to provide a full spectrum look into current practices of vapor intrusion mitigation system design and installation. The program will begin with a solid foundation of system design and a theoretical framework for functionality. Then, it will delve into practical mitigation strategies along with the shortcomings of adapting antiquated inefficient design to modern mitigation systems in both retrofit and new construction scenarios.
- What is Vapor Intrusion?
- Existing Building Mitigation Strategies
- What is Sub Slab Depressurization (SSD)?
- The History of SSD
- SSD Design Techniques
- Mitigation System Theory
- SSD Installation Strategies
- Mitigation Fan Selection and How to Read Fan Curves
- Vapor Intrusion Guidance Documents for Existing Buildings
- And much more!
Who Should Attend?
Anyone interested in improving their understanding of vapor intrusion mitigation system design and installation can benefit from attending this course. Past participants have included:
- Environmental Compliance Managers
- Environmental Risk Analysts
- Environmental Scientists
- Environmental Technicians
- Licensed Site Remediation Professionals (LSRP)
- Project Managers
Meet Your Instructors
Gunnar Barr is President of OBAR Systems, Inc. He has 35 years of radon mitigation and vapor intrusion mitigation experience. His qualifications include:
- Technical advisor NJDEP vapor intrusion mitigation guidance
- Assistant Instructor Rutgers University ERRTC Radon Mitigation Proficiency course
- Technical advisor NJDEP/NJDCA Radon Hazard Sub-Code
- NJDEP License MIS10056 MET 10056
Dan Nuzzetti is a Project Engineer and Vapor Intrusion Mitigation Specialist with OBAR Systems, Inc. In this role, he is responsible for vapor intrusion mitigation system design, managing environmental construction projects, performing diagnostic testing and other environmental field services, and more. He has a degree in engineering from the Stevens Institute of Technology and a unique combination of experience in business development, client relations, project management, and marketing.
“I really liked the information on new construction techniques and methodologies.”
– Past Participant
Most useful aspect of the course: “The clarity for some of the mitigation techniques. Providing photos of how unique situations were addressed is very appreciated. Most courses I take talk about the steps somewhat vaguely so it becomes harder to apply in real situations.”
– Past Participant
“Loaded with great information. Teachers were great.”
– Past Participant
Continuing Education Credits
The most recent offering of Sub Slab Depressurization for Vapor Mitigation was approved for 0.65 Rutgers CEUs, as well as the following credits from professional organizations. We will reapply for similar credits the next time the course runs, but we cannot guarantee credit approval for future offerings.
CT Licensed Environmental Professionals (LEPs): 6.5 CECs (Course No. CTLEP-499)
NJ Health Officers and Registered Environmental Health Specialists (HO/REHS): Rutgers University, NJAES, Office of Continuing Professional Education has been approved by the New Jersey Department of Health as a provider of NJ Public Health Continuing Education Contact Hours (CEs). Participants who complete this education program will be awarded 6.0 NJ Public Health Continuing Education Contact Hours (CEs).
NJ Licensed Site Remediation Professionals (LSRP): 6 Technical CECs
NJ Professional Engineers: 6.5 Continuing Professional Competency (CPC) Credits
NY Professional Engineers: 6.5 PDHs
NY Professional Geologists: 6.5 PDHs
International Association of Certified Home Inspectors (InterNACHI): Pending
Course Requirements and Policies
This online course will be delivered via Zoom.
Equipment you will need to access this training:
- A computer, tablet, or smartphone
- Microphone is not necessary (all students will be muted on entry; you can use the “chat function” to type your questions and interact with the instructor)
- Webcam is optional but not necessary
- Speaker is optional but not necessary (you will be able to listen to the presentation by dialing in on your phone if your computer does not have a speaker)
A unique email address is required for each registrant to register and access our courses.
- If this is your first time registering with us, please provide your own unique email address when registering; do not provide an email address that you share with co-workers.
- If you have previously taken classes with us and have used an email address that you share with your co-workers or supervisor, your account must be updated with a unique email address. To do this, please send an email to us at firstname.lastname@example.org stating that your email address needs to be changed and include:
- Your full name
- The shared email address that needs to be changed
- Your unique email address
- A phone number where you can be reached if we have any questions
Photo ID Requirement
Each registrant will be asked provide a photo of him/herself holding their government-issued photo ID. This is required by credit boards so that you may receive credits for participating in this online course.
- You will receive a reminder email prior to the start of the class with further instructions. Wait to receive these instructions before you attempt to upload your ID.
- The photo must be clear enough that we can read your name and verify that the person pictured on the ID is in fact the person holding it.
- After an OCPE staff member reviews the picture and verifies your identity, you will have access to participate in the course when it begins.
Cancellations and Substitutions
A $75 cancellation fee applies for this course. Substitutions are permitted. View our cancellation policy.
Program Questions? We’re Here to Help!
If you have any questions about Sub Slab Depressurization for Vapor Mitigation, please don’t hesitate to reach out to us.
Program Coordinator: Pamela Springard-Mayer
For registration assistance, please contact our Registration Department at 848-932-9271, option 2 or email email@example.com.