Course Status: Not Currently Scheduled
We do not have an offering of this course scheduled at this time. Please join our email list to be notified when the next offering is scheduled!
Jump to: Overview | Instructor | CE Credits | Contact Us | Related Courses | Join Email List
Pay with Credit Card:
Pay with Check, PO, or Money Order:
Course Name: Land Use Permitting: An Overview
Course Code: EN0409WA21
Date: June 8, 2021
Time: 10:00 am – 12:30 pm EDT (Log-in time: 9:45 am)
Format: Live, instructor-led
Registration Fee: TBD
Multi Person Discount Fee: TBD (save when you sign up with a colleague!)
Registration Closes: TBD
Paying with a check, money order, or purchase order?
Payments should be made out to: Rutgers, The State University of New Jersey
Checks and money orders should be mailed to: Office of Continuing Professional Education, Attn: Registration Dept., 102 Ryders Ln, New Brunswick, NJ 08901-8519
Purchase Orders can be mailed to the address above or electronically sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.
This online training program is intended to assist environmental consultants as they prepare and submit NJDEP Land Use applications associated with the Freshwater Wetlands Protection Act, Coastal Area Facilities Review Act (CAFRA), Waterfront Development Act, and Flood Hazard Area Control Act.
Taught from the perspective of a private consultant, this webinar delves into the lifecycle of a Land Use application, from checklists to field documentation, to following up with NJDEP and responding to the Department’s inquiries and comments. A discussion about working with engineers and surveyors will also be included as a jumping off point.
Who Should Attend?
If you want to learn more about the process of preparing and submitting NJDEP Land Use applications, this course is for you! Past participants have included:
- Environmental Engineers
- Environmental Scientists
- Land Surveyors
- Project Managers
- Resource Recovery Specialists
Meet Your Instructor
Z. John Zingis, Jr., LSRP
As a Project Manager with more than 30 years of experience in land development, Mr. Zingis has completed more than 2,000 applications with the NJDEP – Land Use Regulation Program (LURP). His experience includes numerous Freshwater Wetland applications (transition area waivers, buffer averaging, Individual, and General Permits), wetland boundary verifications with the Letters of Interpretation (LOI), Coastal Area Facility Review Act (CAFRA), and Environmental Impact Statements demonstrating compliance with regulations. Mr. Zingis has assisted real estate investors, engineers, surveyors, and attorneys in procuring other environmental permits from the New Jersey Pinelands Commission and United States Army Corps of Engineers. His expertise has been recognized in courts of law and before land use boards.
“Useful refresher on how to submit applications.”
– Past Participant
“Good way to understand practical application of regulations.”
– Past Participant
“Informative regarding wetland permitting issues.”
– Tom Griffin, ERM, Inc.
Continuing Education Credits
The most recent offering of Land Use Permitting: An Overview was approved for the following credits from professional organizations. We will reapply for similar credits the next time the course runs, but we cannot guarantee credit approval for future offerings.
NJ Continuing Legal Education: 2 CLEs (Course No. 234)
NJ Health Officers and Registered Environmental Health Specialists (HO/REHS): Rutgers University, NJAES, Office of Continuing Professional Education has been approved by the New Jersey Department of Health as a provider of NJ Public Health Continuing Education Contact Hours (CEs). Participants who complete this education program will be awarded 2.0 NJ Public Health Continuing Education Contact
NJ Land Surveyors: 2 credits
NJ Licensed Site Remediation Professionals (LSRP): 2 Regulatory CECs (Course No. 2021-066)
NJ Professional Engineers: 2 Continuing Professional Competency (CPC) Credits
Course Requirements and Policies
This online course will be delivered via Zoom.
Equipment you will need to access this training:
- A computer, tablet, or smartphone
- Microphone is not necessary (all students will be muted on entry; you can use the “chat function” to type your questions and interact with the instructor)
- Webcam is optional but not necessary
- Speaker is optional but not necessary (you will be able to listen to the presentation by dialing in on your phone if your computer does not have a speaker)
A unique email address is required for each registrant to register and access our courses.
- If this is your first time registering with us, please provide your own unique email address when registering; do not provide an email address that you share with co-workers.
- If you have previously taken classes with us and have used an email address that you share with your co-workers or supervisor, your account must be updated with a unique email address. To do this, please send an email to us at email@example.com stating that your email address needs to be changed and include:
- Your full name
- The shared email address that needs to be changed
- Your unique email address
- A phone number where you can be reached if we have any questions
Photo ID Requirement
Each registrant will be asked provide a photo of him/herself holding their government-issued photo ID. This is required by credit boards so that you may receive credits for participating in this online course.
- You will receive a reminder email prior to the start of the class with further instructions. Wait to receive these instructions before you attempt to upload your ID.
- The photo must be clear enough that we can read your name and verify that the person pictured on the ID is in fact the person holding it.
- After an OCPE staff member reviews the picture and verifies your identity, you will have access to participate in the course when it begins.
Cancellations and Substitutions
A $100 cancellation fee applies for this course. Substitutions are permitted. View our cancellation policy.
Program Questions? We’re Here to Help!
If you have any questions about Land Use Permitting: An Overview, please don’t hesitate to reach out to us.
Program Coordinator: Pamela Springard-Mayer
For registration assistance, please contact our Registration Department at 848-932-9271, option 2 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.