Course Status Notice – Not Scheduled
Pay with Credit Card:
Pay with Check, PO, or Money Order:
Course Name: Communicating Scope of Work Changes and Budgeting with Grant Funding
Course Code: EO0138WA22
Date: March 8, 2022
Time: 8:30 am – 12:00 pm EDT
Format: Live, instructor-led
Registration Fee: TBD
Multi Person Discount Fee: TBD (save when you sign up with a colleague!)
Registration Closes: TBD
Paying with a check, money order, or purchase order?
Payments should be made out to: Rutgers, The State University of New Jersey
Checks and money orders should be mailed to: Office of Continuing Professional Education, Attn: Registration Dept., 102 Ryders Ln, New Brunswick, NJ 08901-8519
Purchase Orders can be mailed to the address above or electronically sent to email@example.com.
During a sponsored project, it may be necessary to augment the scope of work, timeline, or budget. This course is designed to help participants learn how to navigate the relationship with the sponsor and engage effectively in the change process.
Who Should Attend?
This class is a great source of information for anyone whose professional responsibilities include grant management and/or grant budgeting.
Meet Your Instructor
Elaine Griffin is the Acting Director of SEBS and NJAES Office of Grants Facilitation. Over the last ten years, she has served the Office as both a Manager of Compliance and Quality Control (4 years) and a Research Grant and Contract Specialist (6 years.) In these roles, Elaine provided training and troubleshooting in all aspects of grant facilitation, including contract review, guidance on budget development, external and internal documentation, post-award spending, coordination of workflow, implementation of programs, and effective documentation of impact. Elaine’s work portfolio includes over 20 years of experience securing money for academic and non-profit environments. She has written and contributed to many successful funding proposals in the areas of public health, family health sciences, 4-H, nutritional sciences, food policy, multicultural programming, agricultural resources, and environmental sciences. She has also delivered and designed educational programs to community groups seeking grant funding through the Office of Continuing and Professional Education.
– Past Participant
– Past Participant
– Past Participant
Continuing Education Credits
The most recent offering of Communicating Scope of Work Changes and Budgeting with Grant Funding was approved for the following credits from professional organizations. We will reapply for similar credits the next time the course runs, but we cannot guarantee credit approval for future offerings.
NJ Certified Public Works Managers (CPWM): Pending
NJ Certified Recycling Professionals (CRP): 3 Classroom Recertification Credits
NJ Drinking Water and Wastewater Operators: 3 TCHs (Approval #01-092101-30)
NJ Health Officers and Registered Environmental Health Specialists (HO/REHS): Rutgers University, NJAES, Office of Continuing Professional Education has been approved by the New Jersey Department of Health as a provider of NJ Public Health Continuing Education Contact Hours (CEs). CEs for Communicating Scope of Work Changes and Budgeting with Grant Funding are still pending.
Course Requirements and Policies
This online course will be delivered via Rutgers Canvas learning management system and Zoom.
Equipment you will need to access this training:
- Laptop or desktop computers are required for this class.
- A microphone is required.
Once you register with OCPE, you will receive an email from “Rutgers University Canvas” saying, “Click here to finish the registration process,” to create your new account in the Canvas Virtual Platform. If you do not see this message in your inbox, please check your junk/spam folder. The course shell will not open until a week before the start date of class. You will receive an email from Claudine Oleskin with directions and more details for the class.
A unique email address is required for each registrant to register and access our courses.
- If this is your first time registering with us, please provide your own unique email address when registering; do not provide an email address that you share with co-workers.
- If you have previously taken classes with us and have used an email address that you share with your co-workers or supervisor, your account must be updated with a unique email address. To do this, please send an email to us at firstname.lastname@example.org stating that your email address needs to be changed and include:
- Your full name
- The shared email address that needs to be changed
- Your unique email address
- A phone number where you can be reached if we have any questions
Photo ID Requirement
Each registrant will be asked provide a photo of him/herself holding their government-issued photo ID. This is required by credit boards so that you may receive credits for participating in this online course.
- You will receive a reminder email prior to the start of the class with further instructions. Wait to receive these instructions before you attempt to upload your ID.
- The photo must be clear enough that we can read your name and verify that the person pictured on the ID is in fact the person holding it.
- After an OCPE staff member reviews the picture and verifies your identity, you will have access to participate in the course when it begins.
Cancellations and Substitutions
A $100 cancellation fee applies for this course. Substitutions are permitted. View our cancellation policy.
Program Questions? We’re Here to Help!
If you have any questions about Communicating Scope of Work Changes and Budgeting with Grant Funding, please don’t hesitate to reach out to us.
For registration assistance, please contact our Registration Department at 848-932-9271, option 2 or email email@example.com.