Environment & Public Health: Taking and Passing the REHS Exam
The NJ REHS Licensing Exam is comprised of 100 multiple-choice questions that assess your knowledge of diverse topics, including:
- Public health administration
- Communicable disease
- Food protection and safety
- Water and wastewater
- Vectors, pests, and weeds
- Potable water
- Air quality and noise pollution
- Swimming pools and recreational facilities
- New Jersey statutes and rules
- Hazardous materials
To earn an REHS license, you must score at least 70% on the licensing exam. Most people (75-80%) pass the exam on the first try, but the passing rate varies depending on the individuals, their backgrounds, and the amount of time and effort they put into preparing for the exam.
To help you prepare for the exam, Rutgers OCPE offers an NJ REHS Licensing Exam Review Course.
What if I don’t pass the licensing exam on the first try?