Environment & Public Health: Applying for the REHS Exam
To be admitted to take the REHS exam, you have to submit an application package* to the NJDHSS that includes:
- Your completed application form [Request an Exam Application]
- Original documentation of your training, education, and experience [no photocopies]
- An official sealed copy of your undergraduate transcript [student copies are NOT acceptable]
- Official course catalog descriptions of the courses that qualify you to take the exam
- Non-refundable application fee of $50 [check or money order, payable to "Treasurer, State of New Jersey"]
*Note: Our office assists EPH graduates with the REHS exam application process for the November exam.
Make sure your application package is complete before you mail it; NJDHSS rejects incomplete applications, and the $50 application fee is non-refundable!
The exam is offered 2 times a year (May and November) through the NJDHSS [upcoming dates are available at http://www.nj.gov/health/lh/phpl.shtml]. The application deadline for each exam is typically 8 weeks before the exam date.
If your application to take the REHS licensing exam is approved, you’ll receive an acceptance letter from the NJDHSS 2-3 weeks before the exam date. You will be required to submit a $100 examination fee to take the exam. Your letter of acceptance will include the time and location of the exam [typically, the exam is held at the Middlesex County Fire Academy in Sayreville, New Jersey].