Managing stormwater runoff is becoming more complex every day. In order to comply with New Jersey's highly comprehensive stormwater management rules or the rules established in any other state, all types of professionals from engineers to project reviewers, developers and environmental planners need to acquire broader knowledge and new skills.
This three-day course, led by Joseph Skupien (an expert with more than 25 years of NJ stormwater experience), is designed to address these needs by presenting the most pertinent and up-to-date information on the scientific and regulatory aspects of stormwater management.
Specific topics will include:
- An overview of New Jersey's Stormwater Management Rules, including groundwater recharge and stormwater quality requirements;
- The evaluation, selection and design of appropriate stormwater management practices and facilities;
- The design of groundwater recharge facilities using the NJDEP's Groundwater Recharge Spreadsheet;
- Methodologies to address the NJDEP's stormwater quality requirements;
- Computation of runoff volumes, rates, and hydrography using NRCS methodologies (including TR-55);
- How to incorporate maintenance, safety, and aesthetic considerations into facility design and,
- The design and evaluation of nonstructural stormwater measures using New Jersey's Non-structural Points System (NSPS).
This class will help you no matter where you live and work!
Although there is an emphasis on NJ's stormwater rules -- some of the most comprehensive in the nation -- attendees from any state will learn to better manage stormwater in their hometown.
Joseph J. Skupien, PE, PP,
President - Storm Water Management Consulting, P.A.
Don't hesitate to enroll and find out why one student wrote this about Joe: "One of the top presenters I have encountered in 40 years. A rare combination of knowledge, enthusiasm, communication skills and endurance."
See how other past attendees rated the instructor!
Download Brochure (PDF)
Cook Campus Center
59 Biel Rd, New Brunswick, NJ 08901
Directions, Parking Information & Map
Note: Pre-registration is required. We're sorry, but we cannot guarantee a seat, materials or meals for walk-in registrants. Location is subject to change; registrants will be notified in the event of a change.
When asked to rate the quality of instruction using excellent, very good, good, fair or poor, these are the responses attendees provided from 2007-2010:
|Rate the instructor
Comments about Joe Skupien:
"Exceeded expectations, kept the class focused, interesting, informative and entertaining."
"Excellent analogies and stories to demonstrate technical ideas."
"Very Knowledgeable. Approachable. His analogies help make complex points."
"Understandable. Energetic and enthusiastic for the topic."
"Very prepared and excellent delivery."
"Well organized presentation, practical application."
"Couldn't ask for more from him."
"Excellent enthusiastic instructor"
"Excellent lecturer with great sense of humor."
"Excellent presenter skills made the course very interesting."
"Joe is both informative and entertaining."
Other Courses Taught by Joe Skupien:
HEC-RAS: An Intensive 3-Day Workshop
Stormwater Management Rule & BMP Manual