In-House OSHA Training from Rutgers
Do you have a large group that needs OSHA HAZWOPER training? Rutgers will bring this course to YOU!
As an employer, you are responsible for certifying that an employee's training meets OSHA's regulations, so it is important that you select the best training possible from a provider you trust. When you choose Rutgers, you can be confident that you'll get a highly qualified instructor who knows and adheres to OSHA regulations.
For more information, contact Pamela Springard-Mayer at firstname.lastname@example.org or
Federal regulations require all employees who work on sites that may expose them to hazardous substances or health hazards receive training allowing them to work safely, knowledgeably and effectively. This NJ OSHA training class meets all federal requirements for the initial 40-hour OSHA HAZWOPER certification training set forth under OSHA's Hazardous Waste Operations and Emergency Response (HAZWOPER) Regulation [29 CFR 1910.120(e)] for public and private employees covered by these regulations.
This four-day OSHA HAZWOPER training course will provide participants with the knowledge and skills necessary for personal protection and safety when working with or around hazardous materials and/or waste. This course can also serve as a comprehensive basic safety class for personnel involved in site investigations, non-hazardous site remediation activities and environmental audits.
- The role of OSHA and other governmental agencies, their regulations and compliance procedures
- Site investigation and characterization
- Hazard recognition and evaluation
- Safety planning and implementation
- Health impacts and hazards
- Instrumentation (real-time air monitoring equipment)
- Labels, warnings and hazard identification
- Personal protective equipment (PPE) and respirator use
- Emergency response
- Hands-on spill containment and planning drills
- And much more!
Hands-On Training Activities Include:
Practical, hands-on training activities will help build your skills and confidence in safely, knowledgeably and effectively working with hazardous substances and other health hazards. In this class, you will:
- Practice donning and doffing Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) including Level B, C and D ensembles.
- Rehearse proper equipment decontamination procedures.
- Participate in spill containment and planning drills.
- Participate in training exercises for identification of hazardous substances, establishment of spill and exposure zones, airborne monitoring, strategies for approaching source release sites, techniques for containing and absorbing the release, and proper USEPA disposal compliance.
- Analyze a mock hazardous substance incident, determine the magnitude of the problem and create a response plan with capabilities of available personnel and equipment in mind.
Photos from the OSHA HAZWOPER Hands-On Training Activities
Certificate of Training
A Certificate of Training and a wallet card will be provided to each participant who completes this OSHA HAZWOPER course.
Instructor: Gary P. Schwartz, CIH, CSP, CMC
Mr. Schwartz has over 30 years of professional experience in indoor air quality, occupational health and safety. He has held positions of increasing technical and managerial responsibility in the field of industrial hygiene, HAZMAT response, safety and environmental management. At present, he is the Principal Consultant and President of PHASE Associates, L.L.C. specializing in Emergency HAZMAT Response, industrial hygiene, indoor air quality, safety and environmental consultation. He is also a Part Time Lecturer at Rutgers University in the Environmental Sciences Department.
(Note: If you are unemployed, the 40 Hour OSHA HAZWOPER course is approved for One-Stop Career Training. Click here for more information or contact Casey Sky Noon at email@example.com or 848-932-7250.)
In addition to 4.0 Rutgers CEUs, this OSHA HAZWOPER training course is approved for the following credits:
NJ Health Officers & REHS: Rutgers University, NJAES, Office of Continuing Professional Education has been approved by the New Jersey Department of Health as a provider of NJ Public Health Continuing Education Contact Hours (CEs). CEs for OSHA 40-hour HAZWOPER are still pending.
NJ Licensed Water/Wastewater Operators: 40 TCHs
NJ Professional Engineers: 40
Continuing Professional Competency (CPC) Credits
NY Professional Engineers & Land Surveyors: 40
GPS systems may not recognize campus addresses. Even if they take you to the correct building, they will not take you to the assigned parking lot. Therefore, we strongly recommend that you use the directions we provide.
Former Agriculture Museum of New Jersey
103 College Farm Road, New Brunswick, NJ 08901
Note: Pre-registration is required. We're sorry, but we cannot guarantee a seat, materials or meals for walk-in registrants. Location is subject to change; registrants will be notified in the event of a change.