"This course provided insight into the definitions and understanding of current freshwater regulations from regulators. Information can be applied directly to work stations."
Senior Environmental Engineer
Naval Weapons Station Earle, Colts Neck, NJ
"Excellent information on applications and permits. Learn[ed] the ins and outs of the state's review process. Lets you get inside the head of the NJDEP."
Thomas A. D'Angelo
ECO Systems Environmental, Lafayette, NJ
Process Your Permit Efficiently and Get the Job Done!
Learn the ins and outs of the Freshwater Wetlands Protection Act Rules. Participants will learn when and how to apply for Letters of Interpretation, General Permits, Individual Freshwater Wetlands and State Open Water Fill Permits, as well as Transition Area Waivers.
- Rules, policies and procedures for the review of the following:
- Letter of Interpretation (LOI); General Permits (GP) for disturbances to Wetlands and/or Transition Areas and Individual Freshwater and State Open Water Permit (FWIP)Transition Area Waiver (TAW)
- Mitigation for wetland impacts
- The role of federal agencies (EPA, Army Corps of Engineers, National Marine Fisheries Service, and U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service) in the states' "assumed" permitting process
- An overview of the Land Use Application Procedures including completing forms (LURP2 etc), calculating fees, and using checklists to provide a complete application.
- Electronic Instant permits and electronic LOI submission.
- An overview of the Enforcement program.
- Instructors will also provide participants with an opportunity to address specific questions or concerns they may have regarding the rules.
Who Should Attend
Municipal Engineers, Construction Officials, Representatives of Public Utilities, Real Estate Professionals, Environmental Consultants, Health Officers, Lawyers, Consulting Engineers, Builders/Contractors, Landscape Architects, Planners and Surveyors.
Representatives from the NJDEP - Division of Land Use Regulation (DLUR) and the Division of Coastal and Land Use Compliance and Enforcement will teach all aspects of the seminar and will be available throughout the program to answer related questions.
In addition to 0.6 Rutgers CEUs, this wetland training course has been approved for the following credits:
NJ Health Officers & Registered Environmental Health Specialists: Rutgers University, NJAES, Office of Continuing Professional Education has been approved by the New Jersey Department of Health as a provider of NJ Public Health Continuing Education Contact Hours (CEs). Participants who complete this education program will be awarded 6.0 NJ Public Health Continuing Education Contact Hours (CEs).
NJ Licensed Water & Wastewater Operators: 6 TCHs
NJ Certified Public Works Managers: 2 Technical, 4 Government
NJ Continuing Legal Education: 7.2 CLEs
PA/NY Continuing Legal Education: 5 CLEs
NJ Professional Engineers: 6 Continuing Professional Competency (CPC) Credits
Continental breakfast and lunch will be provided to you at no additional cost.
NOTE: If you have any dietary restrictions or food allergies, please alert us at least one (1) week in advance of the course start date so that we can make reasonable accommodations. We cannot guarantee accommodations for special requests made after that time.
GPS systems may not recognize campus addresses. Even if they take you to the correct building, they will not take you to the assigned parking lot. Therefore, we strongly recommend that you use the directions we provide.
Ralph Geiger Turfgrass Education Center
20 Indyk-Engel Way, New Brunswick, NJ
Directions and Parking Information
Note: Pre-registration is required. We're sorry, but we cannot guarantee a seat, materials or meals for walk-in registrants. Location is subject to change; registrants will be notified in the event of a change.
Sorry, registration is not currently available for this course.
Would you like to be notified when the next offering is scheduled?
Here are 3 convenient ways to be added to our mailing list:
1. Click here to join our mailing list (please reference "Freshwater Wetlands" or Course Code EN0401)
2. Call us at 848-932-9271, select option 3
3. E-mail us at email@example.com