Learn mitigation techniques from someone who's done it!
Join radon mitigation expert Matt Koch to install a working radon mitigation system in a local house. You and your colleagues in class will design and install the system from beginning to end. You will spend two days in a classroom setting and two days in the house doing the installation. This course prepares you for the NRPP certification exam.
- How radon enters and moves through buildings
- Mitigation design and construction based on diagnostics and applicable mitigation standards
- Troubleshooting problems that might occur
- Health issues and safety issues to protect both workers and customers
- Complete coverage of radon testing required for the NRPP mitigation exam
NOTE: The NRPP radon mitigation certification exam is not given in this class. You'll need to register for that separately at a local testing center.
About the Instructor: Matthew Koch
With nearly two decades of experience performing home inspections and improving indoor air quality, Matthew Koch is an expert in installing radon mitigation systems. Member, speaker, and board member of organizations like the National Radon Proficiency Program (NRPP) and the American Association of Radon Scientists and Technologists (AARST), he is passionate about protecting communities from the preventable health risks associated with unchecked radon.
This course is being presented in partnership with the North Carolina Radiation Protection Section and Wake County, NC.