In-House Computer Training Available!
Have a large group that needs this training? We can bring this course to you!
For more information, call Wendy Allard at 848-932-7651 or send an email to email@example.com.
We also Offer Higher Level PowerPoint Training!
Please visit our Computer Classes page for all upcoming course offerings.
This workshop teaches participants the basics of computerized presentations using PowerPoint. Attendees will learn how to build a basic presentation from start to finish.
Upon successful completion of this course, students will be able to:
- Recognize the Components of the PowerPoint Screen, including:
- The Quick Access Toolbar
- Group Names vs. Group Arrows
- The Ruler Bar
- Slide View vs. Outline View
- Status Bar
- Zoom vs. Zoom Slider
- Gridlines and Guides
- Create and Edit a Presentation
- Create a Title Slide
- Change the Layout of an Existing Slide
- Choose a Design Template
- Insert New Slides, Tables, ClipArt, Shapes, Slide Numbers, Headers, and Footers
- Adjust Tabs and the Vertical Split Bar
- Add Text and Notes
- Animate, Run, and Print a Presentation
- Set Up Slide Transitions
- Animate Objects on a Slide
- Begin the Slide Show from Various Slides
- Print Slides, Handouts, etc.
Students will learn some timesaving tips and shortcuts to work more quickly and efficiently, and the instructor will set aside time to answer specific questions.
Computers will be provided for hands-on learning. Students will complete instructor-led practice exercises to reinforce new skills.
Note: Most of the skills taught in this class are applicable to 2010, 2013, and 2016 versions of PowerPoint. Windows operating system is used for instruction in all Microsoft Office workshops.
Prerequisite: Basic understanding of Windows
GPS systems may not recognize campus addresses. Even if they take you to the correct building, they will not take you to the assigned parking lot. Therefore, we strongly recommend that you use the directions we provide.
Extension Conference Center
18 Ag Extension Way, New Brunswick, NJ
Directions, Parking Information & Map
Note: Pre-registration is required. We're sorry, but we cannot guarantee a seat, materials or meals for walk-in registrants. Location is subject to change; registrants will be notified in the event of a change.
Sorry, registration is not currently available for this course.
Would you like to be notified when the next offering is scheduled?
Here are 3 convenient ways to be added to our mailing list:
1. Click here to join our mailing list (please reference "Microsoft Office PowerPoint - Level 1" or Course Code CS0301)
2. Call us at 848-932-9271, select option 3
3. E-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org