In-House Computer Training Available!
Have a large group that needs this training? We can bring this course to you!
For more information, call Suzanne Hills at 848-932-7234 or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We also Offer Other Excel Training!
Please visit our Computer Classes page for all upcoming course offerings.
This workshop is designed for students looking to learn how to produce complex Microsoft Office Excel worksheets.
By attending this class, attendees will gain a functional knowledge of Excel and the use of Excel charts in Microsoft sister products such as Word and PowerPoint.
Upon successful completion of this course, students will be able to:
- Use complex mathematical functions
- Write "What If" analysis formulas
- Use category cell formatting
- Create multiple lines within a cell
- Change height and width of cells
- Create more complex charts and use them in Word and PowerPoint
- Reference cells on other worksheets in complex formulas
- Link and embed objects in spreadsheet
Students will learn some timesaving tips and shortcuts to work more quickly and efficiently, and the instructor will set aside time to answer specific questions.
Computers will be provided for hands-on learning. Students will complete instructor-led practice exercises to reinforce new skills.
Note: While Microsoft Office Excel 2016 will be used for in-class demonstrations and hands-on practice, most of the skills taught in this class are also applicable to older versions of Excel. Windows operating system is used for instruction in all Microsoft Office workshops.
Prerequisite: Microsoft Office Excel Level 1 and Level 2 or equivalent experience
Want to read more about what you'll learn in Excel Level 3? View a detailed agenda.
- Creating and Structuring the Database
- Using special formatting and creating custom formatting
- Creating a database from the regular tables
- Expanding the database
- Using filters and multilevel sorting
- Using the Form Toolbar
- Creating subtotals
- Conditional formatting
- Using Reference and Lookup Functions
- Using VLOOKUP for searching for records
- Using VLOOKUP for matching up tables from multiple worksheets
- Using MATCH function
- Using INDEX function for single reference and arrays
- Summarizing Data
- Creating pivot tables
- Manipulating and structuring pivot tables
- Formatting pivot tables
- Creating pivot charts
- Linking and Embedding Objects to Your Documents