In-House Computer Training Available!
Have a large group that needs this training? We can bring this course to you!
For more information, call Suzanne Hills at 848-932-7234 or send an email to email@example.com.
We also Offer Basic Excel Training!
Please visit our Computer Classes page for all upcoming course offerings.
This workshop is designed for students looking to go beyond the basic features of Microsoft Office Excel and master more challenging skills.
Attendees will learn how to create and manage large workbooks by building on the basic skills covered in Excel 1 (creating, editing, and saving spreadsheets).
Upon successful completion of this course, students will be able to:
- Hide and unhide rows and columns
- Freeze and unfreeze panes
- Learn "If" statements
- Work with average, minimum, maximum and count functions
- Create hyperlinks and tables of contents
- Create and format tables and charts
Students will also learn some timesaving tips and shortcuts to work more quickly and efficiently, and the instructor will set aside time to answer specific questions.
Computers will be provided for hands-on learning. Students will complete instructor-led practice exercises to reinforce new skills.
Note: While Microsoft Office Excel 2016 will be used for in-class demonstrations and hands-on practice, most of the skills taught in this class are also applicable to older versions of Excel. Windows operating system is used for instruction in all Microsoft Office workshops.
Prerequisite: Excel Level 1 or equivalent experience
Want to read more about what you'll learn in Excel Level 2? View a detailed agenda.
- Creating Multiple Lines within a Cell
- Formatting Numbers
- Creating Descriptive Statistics
- Using the Sum function
- Using the Average function
- Using the Minimum and Maximum functions
- Using Count function and its modifications
- Using the Function Wizard
- Using What If analysis
- Creating worksheets with relative and absolute formulas
- Inputting Data in Percentage Format
- Creating Summary Worksheets
- Referencing Cells on Other Worksheets
- Creating Calculations Between Several Worksheets
- Checking the Flow of Formulas
- Manipulating Data Using Goal Seeking