In-House Computer Training Available!
Have a large group that needs Excel classes? We can bring this course to you!
For more information, call Wendy Allard at 848-932-7651 or send an email to email@example.com.
We also Offer Higher Level Excel Training!
Please visit our Computer Classes page for all upcoming course offerings.
This Excel training workshop is designed for students looking to learn the basic essential features of Microsoft Office Excel worksheets.
By attending this class, attendees will learn how to create, edit, and save spreadsheets while gaining an understanding of basic formulas and functions.
Upon successful completion of this Microsoft Excel training course, students will be able to:
- Navigate the spreadsheet using keyboard and mouse
- Format text, numbers, rows, and columns
- Select cell ranges for moving or copying data
- Perform basic formulas and functions in an Excel spreadsheet
- Insert and format graphs
- Print the content of an Excel worksheet
- Save worksheets as PDF files
Students will also learn some timesaving tips and shortcuts to work more quickly and efficiently, and the instructor will set aside time to answer specific questions.
Computers will be provided for hands-on learning. Students will complete instructor-led practice exercises to reinforce new skills.
Note: Most of the skills taught in this class are applicable to 2010, 2013 and 2016 versions of Excel. Windows operating system is used for instruction in all Microsoft Office workshops.
Prerequisite: Basic understanding of Windows
Want to read more about what you'll learn in Excel Level 1 training? Click to view a detailed course agenda.
- Introduction to Excel
- What is Excel?
- Starting Excel and working with Excel
- What is a workbook vs. a worksheet?
- Working with your toolbars
- Using and searching help
- Working with Rows, Columns, and Cell Addresses
- Making changes by right clicking
- Selecting, formatting, merging, and deleting cells
- Formatting and merging multiple columns
- Using fill handle
- Format painter
- Basic math concepts
- Creating basic formulas
- Creating and Working with Charts
- Adding and creating charts
- Changing background and foreground colors
- Adding charts and changing the properties of charts
- Adding background and foreground color
- Formatting and Organizing the Workbook
- Using multiple worksheets within a workbook
- Moving and renaming worksheets within a workbook
- Adding hyperlinks to a spreadsheet
- Changing View and Printing the Workbook
- Using headers and footers
- Turning gridlines on/off
- Changing page orientation
- Setting margins
- Printing a workbook
GPS systems may not recognize campus addresses. Even if they take you to the correct building, they will not take you to the assigned parking lot. Therefore, we strongly recommend that you use the directions we provide.
Former Agriculture Museum of New Jersey
103 College Farm Road, New Brunswick, NJ 08901
Note: Preregistration is required. We're sorry, but we cannot guarantee a seat, materials or meals for walk-in registrants. Location is subject to change; registrants will be notified in the event of a change.
Sorry, registration is not currently available for this course.
Would you like to be notified when the next offering is scheduled?
Here are 3 convenient ways to be added to our mailing list:
1. Click here to join our mailing list (please reference "Microsoft Office Excel - Level 1" or Course Code CS0201)
2. Call us at 848-932-9271, select option 3
3. E-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org