What does a USGS wetland scientist do all day?
Check out the amazing projects these dedicated professionals are working on nationwide.
Wetland Scientist - Mid Level Opening at Tighe & Bond in Westfield, MA
Tighe & Bond is seeking a mid-level Wetland Scientist with five to ten years of experience to join our Wetlands and Ecological Services Group in our Westfield Office. The position involves a mix of field work, mentoring, report preparation, permit application preparation, business development and client contact.
Responsibilities for this position may include, but are not limited to: wetland delineation, functional analysis, freshwater wetland permitting at the local, state, and federal level, report writing, wetland restoration and mitigation design, environmental compliance monitoring and proposal writing/business development. The position includes considerable contact and interaction with clients, potential clients, owners, and regulators, and may include some short term travel assignments.
- B.S. degree (M.S. preferred) in Natural Sciences field such as Environmental Science, Biology, Soil Science, Ecology or related field with coursework completed in biology, hydrology, botany and soils
- 5-10 years of directly related experience in an environmental field
- Be able to demonstrate ability in field data collection and analysis, environmental compliance monitoring, and technical writing
- Possess applied knowledge of Massachusetts and Federal wetland regulatory programs, inland wetland permitting, and experience presenting projects to municipal boards
- Prior consulting and client management experience is required
- Certifications in any of the following are preferred: Professional Wetland Scientist, Certified Wildlife Biologist, Soil Scientist, or Certified Professional in Erosion and Sediment Control
- Be able to demonstrate proven track record of being able to work both independently and as part of a large multidisciplinary team
- Superior time management and communication skills are required
- Please note that Tighe & Bond does not provide visa sponsorship of any kind
Click here to apply through Glassdoor.
Browse the websites below for additional wetland job opportunities:
Advance Your Career with a Wetland Delineation Certificate
Gain a competitive edge in your job search and amp up your resume by earning the nationally recognized Wetland Delineation Certificate from Rutgers. This certificate will show potential employers that you have successfully completed our rigorous six-day training program, which includes field experience, classroom instruction, and hands-on exercises.