The primary purpose of the Youth Program Code of Conduct is to ensure the safety and well-being of all participants at events and activities hosted at Rutgers, The State University of New Jersey. It applies to all participants including minors, their parents, and volunteers.
As a participant in this program, I will:
- Conduct myself in a courteous manner and treat members, parents, volunteers, staff and others with respect. Appropriate language and behavior are expected at all times.
- Respect and adhere to the rules and guidelines of the program including all those specific to this event or activity.
- Uphold an individual's right to dignity by supporting an environment of inclusion which welcomes involvement of participants from all backgrounds.
- Obey local, state and federal laws.
- Conduct myself in a safe and orderly manner for the safety of myself, other campers, and staff. Campers exhibiting inappropriate, and/or unsafe, behavior may be asked to leave the program at the discretion of the Program Directors, without refund.
- Exercise responsible, ethical behavior when using any camp materials and supplies, including, but not limited to, sports equipment, classroom supplies, lab equipment, technology devices, computers, games and network resources. Sharing your user name and password with others is not permitted.
- Understand that my own electronic devices (including, but not limited to phones, games, computers) are allowed at camp, but that bringing such items is at my own risk. Rutgers Tech Camps is not responsible for any loss from theft, damage or otherwise. All devices must be shut off when a teacher, or counselor, asks. Phones should always be on silent mode, and making calls, browsing the web, using apps, or sending text messages, is prohibited without first asking your counselor.
Participants who fail to adhere to the Youth Program Code of Conduct are subject to a range of disciplinary actions. When appropriate, immediate corrective action will be taken at the event to ensure the safety and welfare of all participants.
I understand if I fail to adhere to the above Code of Conduct, I will be subject to disciplinary action and potentially prohibited from attending and participating in this event and future programs at Rutgers University.